CHAPTER NINE - THE AUTHOR TO EVERYTHING I AM : PART THREE

Not edited. Please vote and comment. This chapter took four-eight months to write. I'm not joking.

DARKEN HUFFED FOLLOWING AFTER HIS UNCLE who walked as fast as he was, maybe even faster. The boy rolled his eyes at the worry phase radiating from Klaus who seethed over the fact his boyfriend and therapist was taken by his deranged father.

A man who had chased him for centuries. The original hybrid clenched his fist tightly trying to contain his anger around Darken, he was trying to be a positive influence on the boy as per Elijah's words.

'He needs some positive influence' the noble original had said to his brother. 'He needs to have hope and be a child.'

"Slow down uncle, " Darken snapped annoyed at his uncle who stopped. The original gave his nephew a look of annoyance. He had no time to wait. Darken walked closer to his uncle who breathed out deeply. "You want your toys back, we need a strategy, " The young boy voiced out to his uncle who tilted his head up. "Mikael would be excepting you and you are not one to think rationally, my uncle Greyson said so."

Klaus growled at the mention of his bastard brother whom he had killed out of spite. He would never accept it but he did Odette a favour. Maybe Odette would have been dead sooner if he had not let his anger get the best of him. "We have no time to think, " Klaus spoke up raising his arms above his head."I will not lose them."

"Fine, " Darken looked at his uncle softly. A look that was rare with the boy. "Do you care for this Killian fellow?" he was only a child and he knew nothing about love. Maybe the love of a parent which he yearned for because his mother trained him to be a warrior, not a child.

Klaus looked at his nephew with sharp eyes before nodding his head. He had never known love like Killian."I sadly do, " The hybrid looked down at his feet. He took a deep breath before looking at Darken who frowned. "What is it?"

The look on his nephew's face was enough to tell Klaus that something was wrong but he pushed that thought to the back of his head."Nothing, love is such a weird concept, my mother always told me Love would break your heart, maybe she was right. Your heart is broken."

Darken voices out to Klaus who stepped back from him. His heart wasn't broken, he was broken. There was a difference but Darken was also a child who was raised into a different environment than he. 

"My heart is not broken, my dear nephew, " Klaus began with a short sigh escaping his lips."Killian, I don't know, he made that emptiness I feel disappear, maybe not for long but I care for him."

Darken looked deep into his invokes eyes. Unable to comprehend the words that he heard. The words he could not find himself understanding. Maybe it was because he was a child and he was taught to fight wars not love. He was still a child and he had no idea what it felt like to have the love of a parent.