CHAPTER SEVEN - THE AUTHOR TO EVERYTHING I AM: PART ONE

DARKEN AND ARTEMIS WALKED ALONG THE DARK PATH, ARTEMIS IS TWIRLING A SWISS ARMY KNIFE IN ONE HAND, Darken has his hands in his suit trouser pocket, his face held a small smirk on them.

His tongue his tucked at the corner of his lips, his eyes looking around his surrounding making sure they weren't followed.

He motioned for Artemis to be on guard through eye contact and the girl nodded. She let out a soft but menacing giggle before turning her head around, whispers filled their ears as they kept walking down the path, they reached Lafayette cemetery.

A dark-skinned woman walked out of one of the tombs, she has a devious smirk on her face, her eyes darkness at the sight of the son of the noble Elijah.

Her hair is curly black, she has oval face shape and sharp brown eyes, her lips are plump and dark and she is about five feet tall may be shorter. Each step she took crunched on the grassed and dirty floor.

"Darken," She spoke up, her tone laced with disgust and at the same time pride.

Artemis gave her a wide grin before looking at Darken whose eyes suddenly went dark."Esther, "Darken grumbled not liking the presence of his grandmother who is hell-bent of killing his youngest cousin, Hope. For some reason, Hope seems to be Esthers target and he wanted to know why."I came here to acknowledge the progress on my father," his voice was no longer crude, it was now stoic and calm like he was also trying to get a rise out of Esther.

"So you are Esther?" Artemus spoke up, her voice no longer cute, it was now filled with anger and evilness, her eyes darkened, her lips curled into a dark smirk." The league talked about you," she informed the original witch who raised her grows at her.

"I suppose they would, I am rather famous," She replied in a taunting manner, Artemis growled at her.

"You became enemy number one when Mikael first attacked, Frederick Greybeck was stupid enough to still be in love with you," She snarled in anger, she wasn't entirely a fan of the Greybecks, she loved Odette. She cared for Odette, Odette was one of her favourite aunts and when it came out that Malcolm had been hurting her, her hate for him increased.

"You know nothing of love," Esther was quick to cut her off with anger seeping through his when she spoke.

Darken gave Artemis a warning look, the eleven-year-old go grumbled to herself before backing away.

Darken turned his attention back to his grandmother, clearing his throat, he walked closer to her." The progress?" he asked yet again, Esther tilts her head.