Chapter 19

POV: Liam 

It's Zayn's coronation day. He's never seen a coronation. He's been outside the British palace once, but that's about all royal things he's familiar with. That and well, their little hidden love nest. He cringes at himself for calling it a love nest. 

All of the army are going, except for the camp guards. So, he gets to see his love up on a throne. 

Zayn is gorgeous. He's beautiful in his sleep clothes, moonlight shining on his face. But like this, head held high, wearing sparkling clothes and a crown atop his head, he's gorgeous. Liam really can't think of a day when he'd think Zayn isn't everything. 

There is usually one word of beauty for a person. When he looks at Harry his mind says gorgeous, at Louis his mind says pretty, at Niall it says cute. Each of them are equally wonderful just that there are different words more apt for them. But Zayn is everything. He's everything all at once. He's a mesmerizing mix of every description of beauty. And Liam's blown away by the power of it. Or maybe it's just him. 

Harry nudges him from where he's stood on his left.

"That's Avantika..", he says subtly looking up to a higher platform on which a bunch of women are sitting with veils covering their faces.

Liam looks up.

"Don't look!", Harry pokes his rib again.

"It's not like looking will do any good. They all have their faces covered.", Louis says from his side.

"Well, it's not by choice.. it's cause of their... it's just how it works here.", Harry defends.

"Relax, Hazza." Niall puts in beside Harry.

"Well.. she's the one in the deep blue and gold. Sitting 3rd from left.", He says. 

"It's weird how you know it's her without seeing her face." Niall comments.

"Shut up Niall...oh and hey Liam..can you just maybe step forward and raise your hand..she wanted to see you.", Harry says shoving him forward.

Liam awkwardly stands there and raises a hand. There's really no way she could see them. The room is massive and they're almost all the way to the back, while the women are close to the front facing Zayn diagonally, so they can be mostly hidden from other people downstairs. He raises his hand for a split second before moving back to the line with his friends. He glares at Harry a while.

There are cries of something around the hall now. Liam assumes it's their version of long live the king or something else of the sort. He does pick up the words "sultan" which he knows is king and "zinda" which he knows is alive (thanks to Zayn's poems). The army members clap and Liam joins in feeling immeasurably proud. The king makes his address which also included a small english part to thank the army and then they are dismissed for the feast. Liam doesn't register much after that, just that biriyani is delicious.

______________________________

He doesn't think Zayn would come today. He's obviously busy with the whole coronation business and tired too. But he waits anyway. What if he comes? 

 Zayn does come, and not even a bit late. He smiles his tongue pressed to his teeth. Liam stands up make a big show of bowing to the king. He properly flourishes his hands and everything.

Zayn stands and smiles for a bit. 

"Greetings king Javvad!", Liam says flailing his hands a last time.

"Okay..well I'm sick of everyone saying that...and it's only been one day.", Zayn says.

"Why it's the proper way to greet the king, ofcourse.", He says continuing with his fake posh accent. He does a curtsy this time a full grin on his face.

"As much as I love your playfulness today, you don't ever need to bow down to me, yeah? Like you..it doesn't feel right to have you like that. You're my partner.", Zayn says sincerely.

Infact it's so sincere Liam wants to weep a bit. So he, like any normal individual, deflects.

"Well, way to destroy the fun. You!", Liam says. But his words contradicting his actions as he pulls Zayn into a hug.

"You big old romantic. I really love you Zayn.", He whispers into Zayn's neck. 

He hears a whispered I love you too and smiles into Zayn's skin.

"But now, you were gorgeous today Zayn! I saw you! It was beautiful.", Liam says breaking the hug and leading them over to sit down.

"Yeah?", Zayn says shyly.

"Yeah..", he whispers back, kissing Zayn on the lips.

"And.. tell me all about it... honestly I really didn't expect to see you today. Figured you'd be busy with more important things..", Liam says.

"You're the most important thing in my life, Li..", he says.

"God, Zayn! You can't just spring stuff like that on me!", He says voice choked up, even though he tries to hide it.

"You're my most important thing too.", Liam says kissing him again, this time more forceful. 

They kiss for longer than they ever have before and there's a craving for more more more but they both ignore it. Not today.

Sometime late, they slow down. Zayn then tells him all about the coronation and how Avantika said that he was 'alluring'. He hears in fascination and blushes bright red. Then, he shares his thoughts on biriyani. He has strong emotions about biriyani and expresses them passionately while Zayn laughs the whole time. But then kisses him and says that he agrees wholeheartedly. 

Liam leaves at sunrise.

He's almost out of the back gates.

"Who's there?", A royal guard comes into view.

"I'm..uhm.. I'm an officer of the army, I'm returning to the camp.", He lies.

"The army shifts change at half past 9. Why are you leaving now?", he asks.

"I was feeling sick...", He says head bowed.

"Fine.. don't think that I believe you. I'm letting you go, but you should hope I never see you around again!", He warns menacingly.

Liam gulps nodding and runs back to camp.

____________________________________

*(A/N: There you go! Almost entirely Ziam. Next is also probably gonna be like this but after that don't expect much. 

As I've already said the story requires a lot of background, so bear with me please.

Anyways! 

Hope hou liked this much of the story! Crying for constructive criticism. Please leave comments or votes or any kind of feedback really.

Thank you so much!)*