Chapter 14

Tws- Homophobia period typical. Also the f-slur is said at the very end. Read carefully

POV : Liam/ Zayn.

Liam takes Zayn's hand in his. It fits perfectly. The difference in their skin tones, blend beautifully, making him smile.

"Li...", Zayn calls.

"I feel guilty sometimes...", He says looking down.

"Yeah...We can stop if you want to Zayn. I wouldn't hold it against you..", He says sadly.

Recently Zayn'd started to feel guilty of cheating. Even though he's adamant it doesn't qualify as cheating since him and Avantika are nothing but friends, he still thinks about it.

"No..I can't live without you Liam. Not when I know how it feels to have you.", He quickly shuts down that option. No, it's not even an option for Zayn. He can't stop loving Liam.

"You could tell her..if you wish to. I'd rather not tell anyone anything. But you can......if you trust her.", He says. He's scared, no terrified of what happens if people find out. But he'd do anything to make Zayn stay.

Zayn just hums and tugs Liam closer. He goes without hesitation and Zayn puts their foreheads together.

"I love you..", he mouths. Not quite ready to tell Liam yet.

He pulls back a while later and gives Liam his poem for the day.

چاند کے حسن پہ ہر شخص کا حق ہے منصور
میں اسے کیسے کہوں رات کو نکلا نہ کرے

"What's it then?", Liam asks quietly.

"Everyone has the right to the beauty of the moon. So how do I tell him to not go out at night.", Zayn smiles.

Liam looks adorably confused. Zayn cups his face and kisses his cheek.

"It's like.. you're the moon, Liam.", He explains with a slight giggle.

"No but.. you're the moon.", Liam says petulantly. 

"I'm the ocean..you pull me to you.. I wouldn't know what to do without your gravity.", Zayn replies.

Liam kisses him. He says everything he wants to through the kiss, words won't suffice. There's an I love you at the tip of his tongue but he bites it back.

They don't speak much more that night. Just hold each other and take in each other's presence and warmth.

They let go of each other reluctantly.

When the first rays of the sun light the sky up, Zayn says goodbye to his moon.

___________________________

POV : Liam

Liam leaves the tent in the morning for breakfast. Harry's still not with them. Really, all of them have noticed Harry's recent behaviour change. He'd looked like he was close to crying almost the entire last week.

Louis, Niall and him had tried all their usual strategies to cheer him up but none of it seemed to work. And Liam's not sure if he's overthink, but Harry seemed especially distant from him. Always sitting far away and often even excusing himself out of conversations.

Liam's halfway to the canteen when his thoughts get the better of him.

"You guys go ahead... I'll check up on Harry.", He says to Louis and Niall.

They stare at each other a bit and nod and shrug respectively. Liam turns back to their camp. He's going to get Harry out of his slump.

____________________________