Chapter 7

*(A/N: As mentioned this chapter will be from a different pov and will not follow zayn and liam's story. But an important thing to note is that this happens real time in the story. So we're not starting Harry's pov from the beginning but from the morning after where liam left off. Also while reading note that liam amd zayn's daily meetings continue in the background we just don't discuss it because the other characters are not aware of it. I hope it's clear,)*

Tw- Reference to death of loved ones, racist comments.

POV : Harry

He wakes up particularly early that day. The needle on his watch points to 5 and the sun is yet to rise. But he knows he wouldn't be able to get anymore sleep.

It's April 6th. His father's death anniversary. Last year was the 20th so they had travelled back to Cheshire visit his grave. His mother had broken down after seeing the grave. 20 years after his death, she was still in love with him. He remembers her face so well.

He lies there with tears in his eyes for a bit. He'd always been quite emotional that way. Couldn't ever watch his loved one's in pain without tearing up. Louis has made fun of it in more than one occasion, but he hugs and soothes him soon after. Also, it's Louis, most of the things he says are not meant to be taken seriously. He smiles faintly and looks to the bunk on his left where the other man is still soundly asleep. He looks like he's planning some mischief, even in his sleep. His plotting most definitely involves Liam, Niall and him.

Liam. The only sane one in their little group. Something's been troubling him ever since he came back from his trip. He thinks the rest of them haven't noticed. The bags under his eyes and the constant zoning out of conversation has been worrying Harry. He sits up to look at Liam on the bunk opposite to him.

He is fast asleep with a dopey smile on his face. Harry sighs, he's probably out of his slump then. Beside Liam, Niall is spread out across the bed. His head and knees are hanging from opposite sides, it does not look comfortable at all.

Harry stands up goes out of the tent careful to not wake anyone. He nods at the last of the night guards going back to their tents and makes his way to the fire pit. He might aswell try and watch the sunrise today. He's up anyway.He sits down on one of the logs put there for when they put a fire up. It hasn't been done in days but the remains of the wood from the last fire hasn't been cleaned up yet.

He likes times like this. People always think that he is talkative and enjoys socializing and he does. But he also loves the quiet and the thoughts that come with it. He sits there until 6.30. Watches the sunset thinks about everything and nothing.

At 6.30 Louis joins him first with 2 cups of coffee, one made the way he loves it. They sit quietly until Niall joins them and then Liam. Liam's better now. He can see it in his eyes. They sit quietly just enjoying each other's company. Harry can't help but smile. His friends know him well.

_______________________________

He is given border patrol duty today. Under the agreement the British and the Royals have made, half of the Royal guard has been replaced by British army. So the army and guard take turns each week for border control.

He's been on the duty before but it feels especially slow today. None of the people who came seem to know English and hence they have played about 5 rounds of charades by now.

An expensive looking cart arrives next. They ask the driver of the cart for details and he just stares at them blankly. Frank who was there with him, sighs and turns his back. He turns back with an arrogant twist to his mouth and starts talking again.

"Are you dumb? Can you not here me? I'm talking to you Idiot!", He raises his voice at the driver who still hasn't spoken a word. He looks scared and helpless.

"Alright! Frank stop. Is somebody in there?" He calmly asks the driver pointing to the cart.

"This idiot's not gonna say anything Harry! Look at him! Barbarians don't even know how to converse!!" , Frank angrily rants.

"Don't say that he-", he starts, when some voices inside the cart grabs his attention. He and Frank look towards the door opening expectantly.

Something is said loudly by one of them and the other gasps loudly and makes a noise that sounds a lot like a " don't!!" from the tone.

Next thing he knows the door is being ripped open and a woman is standing in front of them. She's got a veil covering her face but he can tell she us angry. Fuming, by the way she is breathing heavily, would be a better choice. Harry is not embarrassed to say he is intimidated. He takes a step back.

But Frank doesn't budge. Harry tries to grab him backwards. He doesn't move. Harry sighs and looks down, you can count on Frank to make any situation worse. "Oh look Harry, it's a girl.", he says making fun of her. "Oh, you think you're intimidating? Let me tell you what, you're a frail little girl who needs a man's permission to show her face. I bet you don't even understand me do you? Of course you don't. Your savage family probably didn't even take their time to educate you. Don't blame them, I wouldn't eithe-.", He gasps like he's been hurt.

Harry looks up and sees the woman now veil undone has a knife pointed at Frank's neck.

"Say it again.", she says with a slight smirk.

"S-so-sorry m-mam", Frank says his face white like paper.

"Oh! It's maam now, I thought I was a frail little girl?", She says raising his eyebrows.

She looks ready to kill him. So Harry decides it would be a good time to interject.

"Uhm, maam you're hurting a member of the British army. Leave him alone or you will face consequences.", he says.

"And what will those be then?", She says sparing Harry a glance before glaring at Frank again.

"Well, since you're a local you'd be taken to the king or prince and they will be the ones to decide.", He says.

"Well", she says with a sly smile oddly reminiscent of Louis, "what's the hold up then? Let's go meet the king! Shall we gentleman."she says removing the knife and climbing back in the cart.

Harry and Frank have no option than to follow her in.

"You're not scared?" he asks climbing in.

"Why would I be scared to meet the king?".

She looks smug. Do the royals and locals here have such great relations? She acts like he knows them personally. He for one, would be terrified if he were made to appear in front of the Queen. He almost passed out that day when his superiors returned to a missing Liam and questioned him on it.

But she just looks smug. Like she knows she's going to be fine.

"Stop staring like a creep!", the woman tells Harry. He didn't even realise he was staring at her.

"Sorry", he says and looks down.

He looks back at her once more. She has pulled out a book and a quill and seems to be scribbling something down.

He looks back at his lap.

_______________________________

*(A/N: So I juat wanted to request any one of you who reads this fic to please let your friends know about it too. I'm not really active on social media and am quite a shy person so, I don't really have any friends in the fandom. So, I don't really know how to promote this fic. I'm new to writing and hence really clueless. I feel like no-one knows about this. I didn't even want to update today cause of all the stuff with Zayn, but I'm doing it cause i read somewhere that updates need to be consistent. So if you're liking what you read so far please help me by telling your friends in the fandom about this fic. Sorry for the rant but I really hope that you will help me. Thanks for putting up with my constant mood changes and ranting.

How was that?? Next chapter in a different pov.

From now each chapter may have multiple povs because sometimes i just want to show the same events through 2 or more people's pov.

I hope you enjoyed Harry's pov. There will be niall and louis soon.

Hope you liked reading.

Please leave comments or vote if you read. Help me improve.

Thank you!!)*