Chapter Thirteen

*y/n pov*
"Choose."
His fist was still around my neck, choking me, and Peter in his other hand.
I tried to look over at Peter.
"It's going to be okay" he mouthed, then he turned to look at Stark.
Tony wasn't doing anything, he was just standing there.
"Mr Stark" Peter was desperately trying to gasp for air "Mr Stark, pick y/n. Please, save her. Please, choose her."
I watched Tony glance between me and Peter. I glanced at Peter too, hoping that everything was going to be ok for him.
I couldn't bear to leave him like this, but it was going to happen no matter what he or I said.
"You're running out of time, Stark" Strange pointed out from behind him, as he noticed that Thanos's grip had tightened.
It was getting really hard to breathe now. At this rate, we were both going to die.
Stark needed to hurry up and realise already.
"Y/n..." Tony sighed as he looked at me.
What? No, I thought. No he can't choose me, he can't, he has to save Peter this can't be happening right now-
"I'm sorry" Tony finished.
I stared at him. Yes, I knew it was coming, but it still broke my heart to hear it out loud. I nodded at him.
Peter was going to be ok.
I knew this was going to happen, I was ready, but I was still scared.
"No!" Peter's voice croaked as he was choked.
Thanos let us both go, and Peter ran over to me.
I was confused when nothing happened at first, until I felt part of me start to fade away.
I looked down, and my feet were slowly turning to dust.
Peter noticed too.

*Peter pov*
"No. No! No, no, no. Y/n it's ok. It's going to be ok" I hugged her as she started to fade away.
"No, no, no, no. Please don't go" I sobbed as I held her face in my hand.
"Peter..." she started, but her face crumbled away.
"NOOOOOOOOOO!" I bent down onto the floor and picked up the dust in my hands. She was gone. "NOOOOO!"
I cried where she once was, as Strange handed over the time stone to Thanos.
They watched as he left, then Stark walked up behind me. "I'm sorry kid."
"SORRY? YOURE NOT SORRY! YOU KILLED HER! You didn't think twice about saving her. And now she's gone. Because of you!" I spat at him.
"Ok calm down. I was trying to protect you" he hissed back.
"I told you to protect her! To save her!" I tried to yell, but my voice broke as I continued to cry.
"She wasn't worth saving."
My eyes filled with rage as I turned towards Stark.
"She was right" I stood up with realisation, that y/n was right. "She said that you didn't care about her. I didn't believe her then. I do now."
Before he could reply, I swung away with my webs, to find somewhere to mourn in peace.
———
I sat on the top of a crashed spaceship, watching the sun go down.
I had stopped crying, but I was still thinking about y/n.
I can't believe this had happened. It should've been me. She should've been the one to live.
Then I thought about Thanos. I hoped so much that we could defeat him. So it wasn't all for nothing. So the universe doesn't get half wiped out, and y/n doesn't die for nothing.
It wasn't long before Stark flew up behind me.
"PETER! Peter are you ok?" he sounded worried.
I didn't turn to look at him "I'm fine. I don't want to talk to you- WOAH!"
"Oh no" he flew around in front of me.
"Mr Stark. What's happening?" I looked at my hands, turning to dust like y/n had moments before.
My head started to feel dizzy. Crap, had this meant, did this mean Thanos had won. Y/n. It wasn't worth it.
"Mr Stark. I don't- I don't wanna go. Mr Stark-"
I saw him flying towards me, before I saw nothing at all.
I felt nothing at all.
———
A few moments before, back on Earth.
*narrator pov*
"You should've gone for the head." Thanos snapped his fingers.
"No!" Thor yelled "what did you do? What did you do?!"
Thanos fell back into a portal, and it closed behind him.
Not far away, Bucky stumbled over to Steve.
"Steve. What's happening?" Bucky asked as he fell to the ground.
Steve ran over to him "I don't know."
"Steve. Steve, find y/n. Make sure she's ok. Tell her I-"
He disappeared.
"Bucky!" Steve yelled and turned around. People all around him were falling, crumbling like dust, like Bucky had just seconds ago.