Chapter Eleven

-the morning of the school trip-
*Peter pov*
I finished getting dressed and walked out my room to see y/n already waiting by the door.
"Hurry up dork! We're going to be late. They'll leave without us" she moaned at me.
"Ok I'm coming." I put my arm around her and started walking out.

May drove us to school and we got out the car to see the last few people getting on the bus.
"Wait! We're here!" I yelled as we ran towards it.
They held the doors and we got on the bus.
"Better late than never" the teacher sighed.
There weren't any two seats next to each other, but there was an open one next to Ned, so I sat there while y/n went to sit at the back.
"Hey. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever" Ned exclaimed.
"Yeah I've been busy. Sorry."
"Right, with the Stark internship" he whispered.
"Yeah, kinda" I whispered back.
We started talking about Star Wars as the bus began to drive.
———
We were on the drive back, when my spider sense alerted. I looked out the window and saw the craziest thing.
Shit.
There was a massive donut looking spaceship driving through the city across the river.
"Hey, Ned. I need you to cause a distraction."
He looked at me, then passed me out the window.
"We're all gonna die! There's a space ship!" Ned yelled as he got up and ran to the window at the back of the bus.
Perfect. I put on my web shooters, and prepared myself to jump out the window.
I quickly looked at y/n, distracted in the crowd with everyone else. I didn't really want to leave her, but I couldn't have her come with me.
I jumped off the bus, and put my suit on. I started swinging towards the space ship.
Before I got to it, I saw some sort of alien thing attacking someone, attacking Stark.
I jumped over and stopped whatever it was from hitting him.
"Hey man. What's up Mr Stark."
"Kid where'd you come from" stark asked.
"Field trip-" I started to say, when the huge alien thing grabbed hold of me and threw me away.
"Uh, what is this guys problem Mr Stark" I asked as I swung back into action.
He told me what we were fighting, and that we were trying to protect some wizard guy.
Cool ok, I thought as I followed him back towards the big flying donut.
When we got there, we saw the wizard dude was still fighting another alien guy. Stark and I started fighting him too, throwing whatever we could at him.
Then I paused when I saw y/n. She had come up behind us, and was about to get hit by a car. I webbed over to her and picked her up. I swung her onto a nearby rooftop; we could still see the others.
"Y/n what the hell are you doing here? Why aren't you on the bus?" I yelled over the chaos of the street below.
"You ran off! I needed to make sure I wasn't going to lose you."
"It's dangerous! You could literally probably die!"
"So could you!"
I looked down at the alien, two wizard guys, and Stark, then back at y/n.
"Sorry!" I shouted as I jumped backwards off the roof.
"Hey!" I heard her yell.
I ignored her and started shooting webs at the alien guy. He looked at me and bricks started flying in my direction.
"Missed me!" I taunted.
"I'm aware" he smiled, which confused me.
Oh shit.
I turned to see where the bricks had carried on flying in the direction of y/n.
I shot some splitter webs, which caught them all before they reached her.
"Hey kid I can use some help here" Stark said from the other direction. I turned to him, dealing with all the obstacles being thrown at him, then back towards y/n, who had pulled out her gun and was shooting at the alien.
"Y/n get out of here!" I called out, as I turned back to help Stark.
I could still here shots being fired. She had obviously ignored me. I rolled my eyes behind my mask, annoyed.
I shot webs at the alien, while Stark shot his lasers and y/n shot her bullets.
The alien shielded himself with a car, and waved his hand around.
I didn't see anything happening, until I glanced over at y/n. She struggled as something wrapped tightly around her, covering everything except the top of her head. Her body flew up and over to behind the alien.
"Hand over the stone, and you can have the girl" he said.
"No."
I looked at Mr Stark. "What do you mean no? Mr Stark! Do something!"
"Kid, we can't hand over the stone. If we do, Thanos wins" Stark replied.
I looked back to y/n, still struggling. She started to fly up.
"No!" I screamed. I shot a web, which stuck to her feet, and tried to pull her back down.
It didn't work.
I pulled myself up towards her, and held on as we got higher. I tried to pull the stuff off of her, but it didn't loosen.
"No. No, I can't lose you, no."
I hugged her tighter as we got even higher. It was getting hard to breathe.
Suddenly, I felt a suit build itself around me. Stark tech. The mask covered my face, and I could breathe properly again.
I felt a parachute open, and pull me back. But I held on to y/n best I could.
We reached the spaceship, and a hatch opened. We flew inside, and when the hatch closed behind us, the stuff around y/n let loose.
She started breathing heavily.
"Oh my god. Peter what just happened?"
"I think, we, um, just got abducted by aliens" I laughed.
"Aha. I can't believe we're laughing right now" she joked back.
"We're, we're like in space right now" I chuckled at first "oh shit. We're in space."
"Oh my god you're right! What are we going to do?" she started to freak out.
Just then, something came out the shadows, standing behind y/n.
She didn't notice, so I grabbed her hand and pulled her behind me, away from it.
"S-stay b-back!" I tried to warn bravely.
"I'm not going to hurt you" it said. It was huge, like three times my size, and it was purple and wrinkly. It kind of reminded me of a grape. "For now."
"Who are you?" y/n asked from behind me.
"I am Thanos."
OMG. Like the Thanos. The one Tony mentioned that wanted all the stones.
"What do you want with us? Why are we here?" I confronted him.
"Leverage. I need the stones. And you're going to help me get them.
"Can someone please tell me what you're on about? What stones?" I forgot I hadn't told y/n anything.
"The infinity stones" I told her "they're the most powerful things in the universe. And if he gets them all..."
"I will bring peace to the universe" Thanos finished.
"No! He wants to wipe out half of it!" I shouted.
"Oh shit" y/n whispered.
"Exactly" I whispered back.
The three of us sat in silence for a while. I thought over all the possibilities.
"So how does this work?" y/n spoke after a while "they give you the stone, you give us both back?"
"Pretty much. But I only need one stone."
"There's two of us" I stated, not quite catching on.
"Peter..." y/n and I made eye contact. And I realised.
"No..."
"They'll choose" Thanos clarified.