Chapter Four

*y/n pov*
It had been about two weeks since I had seen Bucky. I was going about my days as normal, except I wasn't spending all my free time at the compound. That also meant I wasn't seeing any of the other avengers either.
I guess I kind of presumed we had broken up in the end, as you don't really have a relationship with someone if you're not talking to them.
———
It was Thursday at school and you had gym after lunch.
You weren't really in the mood to run laps like everyone else, so you played the menstruation card with Coach Wilson. He let you sit out that lesson.
Every few laps, Peter came over to check in with you.
Halfway through the lesson, one of the receptionists came to find you.
"Hi, dear. Your dad is in the office. He says it's urgent" she said.
My dad? Last I checked my dad is dead. Peter overheard and we exchanged worried looks. Who tf was in the office?
I followed the receptionist back to see who it was.
I paused when I saw Bucky waiting. Oh, god. I wondered what he wanted.
"Hi, dad?" I questioned.
"Yeah. We need to talk" Bucky played along, then he turned to the woman who had brought me over "I think I'm going to take her home."
The receptionist didn't question it.
Bucky walked me to my locker to pick up my stuff, then out the school doors, the whole time he didn't say anything.
We left the building, and I saw his car pulled up in front of it.
"Get in the car doll" he opened the door for me.
I stood in place and stared at him.
"Please get in the car."
I reluctantly approached him and bent down through the the car door. I stared through the windshield as he walked around and got in the car on his side.
He drove.
I didn't want to speak first, which meant no one said anything the entire drive.
He had driven us back to the avengers compound.
I stayed in the car until he came and opened the door for me. I got out and walked past him into the building.
I was stopped as Nat and Wanda hugged me when I walked through the door.
"Oh hey y/n! We haven't seen you in ages." They said. I smiled but didn't reply.
Bucky took my hand and led me into the lift, then to his room on the second floor.
I sat down on his bed.
"What do you want?" I finally asked.
"You're my girlfriend. I wanted to see you."
"Oh so we are still dating."
"Yeah. Why wouldn't we be?"
"Oh I don't know. Maybe because you haven't spoken to me in two weeks! No phone calls or texts. Nothing!" I yelled.
"Hey it's not like you reached out. You stopped coming to the compound! Where was your effort in this relationship?" He argued back.
It got loud very quickly.
"I thought you were mad at me. I thought you didn't want to talk to me!" I carried on.
"What so you just gave up? You gave up on us? Just like that?"
"Says the person that spent a whole evening flirting with his little fans! Not paying attention to me at all!"
"Oh. You don't wanna go there." Bucky warned.
"I think I do!" I spat back.
"Ok. Well. You were the one who got blackout drunk, surrounded by total strangers. You were the one that refused her boyfriends help, when he was just looking out for you. I was trying to help you!"
"Maybe I wouldn't have gotten that drunk if my boyfriend had paid any attention to me!"
"You told me no! I was doing what you asked. You said there were too many people!"
"You could have at least looked at me. And not flirted with other girls!"
"You could have not danced with other guys!"
"You literally started it."
"Do not try and pass the blame to me here. I did nothing wrong!"
"Ugh!" I screamed as I lay back on the bed.

*narrators pov*
As you and Bucky were having your raging bitch fight, the avengers had all gathered in the living room, where they could hear you yelling through the walls. Although, they couldn't quite make out your words.
"Wow. Poor y/n" Wanda sighed, as Bucky's voice echoed through the wall.

*y/n pov*
"Don't try and act like your so innocent here!" Bucky spat at me. "You fucked up!"
"Shut up" I whispered, facing the ceiling.
"No. No you really fucked up. You got drunk. You got so stupid drunk. You danced with guys to make me jealous, when I was doing NOTHING!"
"Shut up" I repeated, a bit louder.
"You then refused my help when you were near passing out. I LOST YOU! You could have been in danger!"
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" I screamed at him.
"And then. You know what the worst part is" his voice was quiet again. "You just gave up on us. Like it was nothing. I obviously meant nothing to you."
"That's not true Buck! You know that's not true!"
I started to cry tears of both sadness and anger.
"Ok then tell me, y/n. Tell me what happened the last two weeks. Tell me you didn't give up."
"I..." I didn't know what to say now. I did give up, but I didn't want to. I never wanted to. "I don't think this is working."

*narrators pov*
The avengers heard your voice last, but then it went quiet. The murmur of voices was very faint now.
"I wonder what's going on" Nat said.
"Should we go check on them?" Steve asked.
"I'm sure their fine." Tony suggested.
They heard a crash.
A scream rang out, followed by another larger crash.
"Ok maybe we should go check on them?" Tony corrected as they all shot up and ran to Bucky's room.
The door was wide open.
"Someone call 911!"

*y/n pov*
"I don't think this is working."
"You don't mean that" Bucky sighed.
"Bucky..."
He lifted you off the bed and started kissing you. You kissed him back briefly.
"Bucky. I mean it. This isn't working. I can't have a relationship like this."
He didn't say anything.
"I'm sorry- " I started.
Bucky turned and punched the wardrobe in anger.
"Bucky..." I walked towards where he was standing.
He pulled his hand forcefully back through the hole he made, but as he stepped back he knocked me onto the floor.
He turned to help me up, but was stopped before he could.
I screamed as the wardrobe tilted forward and loomed over the top of me.

*narrators pov*
It crashed onto the floor. Onto you.
"Y/n!" Bucky yelled and lifted the wardrobe off of you. He pulled you out from underneath. Your head was bleeding since it hit the floor, and Bucky's hands were covered in your blood.
He noticed the avengers footsteps and saw them appear at the doorway.
"Someone call 911!" Bucky yelled.
"Bucky... what did you do?" Steve whispered.
"Please! Do something!" Bucky cried again.
The avengers snapped into action and started helping Bucky to move y/n.
They carried you to the car, which Sam drove as Bucky sat in the back, with you in his arms.