Chapter 45- Hiya Boys

From: Mum
We're almost there xx

To: Mum
Ok, Con and I have to talk to you when you get back.  Something urgent.

It's been a few days since Ashton and Calum came over and they most likely be staying for 4 more days til they have to do some recording for their next album in Australia.  Today was the day that my parents come back from their business trip from New York and Connor has agreed to come with me to talk to them about my dad.  I've told numerous people.  Just Brad, Gianna, Ashton, and obviously Connor.  I don't really want to drag anyone else into my problems.

"You ready?"  Connor asked me as we sat on the couch.

"Yeah... I'm not nervous... just kinda nervous for what she's going to say."  I said referring to my mom.  It's weird knowing that my dad's out there.  "Thanks... for being here..."  I said to Connor.

"No problem.  Anything for my little sister."  Connor said to me as we heard the doorbell ring.

"Thats my que."  I said getting up and answering the door.

"Hi Jay!"  My mom said and gave me a hug.

"How was the flight?"  I asked as Daven walked in.

"It was, good, good.  How were the things while we were gone?"  Daven said as he and my mom put down their luggage.

"It was great.... how was the trip?" I asked.

"It was great as well, feeling a little jet lag, but um, I'll be good."  My mom said.  "Hey Connor!"  She said as Con got up and gave my mom a hug.  Or his mom.  Still trying to get used to it.

"Hey guys!  Nice trip I hear?"  He asked.

"It was fine, though JJ, Monte and Jessica says hi though."  My mom said to me.

"Oh, cool."  I said. 

"So what did you want to talk to us about?"  My mom asked.

"It's actually meant for only you mom, but if Daven wants he could stay."  I said.

"Oh, it's ok, I'll just give you ladies some alone time so I can talk to Connor and we can hang out."  Daven said.

"Actually, Dad I was supposed to stay with Jen-"

"It's okay Con, I'll take care of this."  I said as Connor nodded and him and Daven headed out for a walk.

"So... everything ok?"  My mom asked me.

"Fine- erm fine.. I just uh.. I just have something to tell you... sit down?"  I asked her as she nodded and sat down.

"The other day, um, when Ashton came over, he needed some shorts to swim so... I was looking through the drawers you have so he could borrow some of Daven's basketball shorts or something.  And I.. I wasn't sure where the drawer was.. so I was looking through all of them.. but then I looked in your sock drawer, seeing my unicorn socks.  So I just grabbed them and I saw-  I saw this."  I said giving her the letter.  "Did- I mean, did you know about this?"  I said tearing up.

"Jay, I- I meant to tell you, but I know that you've been having trouble with getting used to Connor, and uh- um- Brad, you've been having drama and I- uh- you know just Jashton things, the- the struggle of keeping you public and- It's just that I didn't want that stress on you with your dad, being sober and-"  She stammered.

"Sober?  So, he really had a drinking problem?"  I interrupted and asked her.

"Yeah.  He was just.. stressed out."  She said.