Hunters - Continued

And so, there you were, Camilo and Mirabel on your side, treading the roof tiles of the Casa Madrigal.

"Meet back here in an hour," Mirabel said quietly, running off to the left, out of sight. You were on the middle of the bridge, over the river. It was silent on the streets, the only sound coming from the flowing of the water that was underneath you. 

You and Camilo both turned to each other, not sure where to take things from this point.

"She didn't give us much of a plan," you said, looking from left to right.

"Classic Mira," Camilo replied, rolling his eyes. "Always having to prove something. She'll get herself killed one day." He trailed off, but you could tell he had more to say. You stayed quiet, and sure enough, he started up again.

"I mean, breaking into Bruno's tower?" He said, his tone growing louder. "No one has been in there for ten years!"

You gave him a puzzled look, and he began to realize you were lost. You hadn't been here long enough to have been told the stories. "Never mind," he exhaled. He focused his gaze past you before changing his entire demeanour, fixing his attention back to you with a smile.

"Come with me, sinsonte. Wouldn't want you to get lost," He offered his hand, the same way as the first day you met.

You playfully scoffed, walking forward and gently flicking his hand away with yours. "I can find my way around just fine, thank you." Just as you began to walk, you slowed your pace to a stop.

"Just to uh, be clear..." you paused, clearing your throat. "Where should we be going again?"

He gave you a soft laugh. "Mm, that's right." He gestured for you to walk over to him, the sound of your feet hitting the cement bridge in unison. "Let the investigation begin!" He said, flinging his arms up to the sky.

---

Clank.

The sound of metal hitting brick echoed throughout the entire village. You winced, shooting a glare over to Camilo after the noise had subsided. He had attempted to peer through an already opened chest, knocking over a shovel that was wedged behind it. 

"Camilo!" You said in a loud whisper. He shrugged at you, his eyes wide. You giggled before aggressively gesturing him over.

"Do you need a babysitter?" You asked, nodding towards the scene.

Camilo put a fist to his eye, mocking a cry. "Maybe I do," he said, angling his eyes upward. You shook your head with a grin.

Your shoulders drooped as you saw the bridge, realizing you had gone in a circle around the area, finding nothing.

"It's been thirty minutes, and we're only back here?" You sighed. "What are we even looking for?"

"You know, I don't think we need to be looking for something," Camilo said behind you as you crouched down to look through scattered papers.

"Oh yeah?" You questioned him.

He fell silent, the sound of you shuffling through papers took over the atmosphere. You were unable to hear the sound of his morphing. 

"I think it's someone!" Just as he said those words, Camilo picked you up princess style, spinning you around. You gave a short shriek as you looked up at Camilo in shock, seeing Bruno's face staring back at you.

"Very funny, Bruno, now put me down." You said through breathy laughs, playfully shoving his chest.

"Ah, but we've got somewhere to be," Camilo said as his face changed back to his own. "There's somewhere we haven't checked." Perplexity fell upon your eyes. You felt Camilo beginning to move, the direction towards the bridge.