I nodded my head and took their arms as we started to walk again. At that particular point in time, I felt utterly content.

The two most amazing men in my life were not only beside me but were also walking me down the aisle towards another equally amazing man, if not
more.

For the very first time in the past twenty-two years, my life was completed.

I wanted to burst out in tears but I held back because even though they were happy tears, I knew once I start crying, I won’t be able to stop.

So with an accelerating heartbeat in each passing moment, I walked closer and closer towards my husband to be.

The events of the morning popped in my head, nearly making me chuckle, as I kept my eyes fixed on the ground.

Aegeus adjusted my veil which left a long trail behind us on the floor and I smiled gratefully at him. I finally took glanced around the grand hall and saw it covered in layers of black and white roses. From the tall vases that covered every corner of the hall to the ceiling that held quite a number of champagne colored chandeliers, matching the color of my dress, everything was adorned with fresh flowers.

The aisle was made of glass with thin, gold rim on the edges and I could see our reflection in it. My eyes went to the beautiful dress that I was wearing. It was a champagne gold dress adorned with small, shiny champagne stones in beautiful leaf patterns. The tulle skirt came up till my waist where it clung like a second skin, ending in a sweetheart
neckline.

The tulle detachable sleeves were littered with the similar stones and came
just below my shoulders.

The bold red lip color and a pop highlighter were the only two things that were prominent on my face, otherwise everything else was kept subtle. Only a few curled tendrils framed my face, softly, while the rest of my hair sat atop my head in a rough bun.

When I gazed in the mirror a few hours ago, I did not recognize myself. I looked different, prettier even; not a helpless, broken girl but a version, reborn.

And, I loved it.

For the first time in my life, I believed that nothing could go wrong now and it brought me immense relief.

“Lea.” Angelo called and I looked up at him only to realize that we have reached the end of the altar.

I sucked in a chunk of air and exhaled it before Angelo brought my hand up and placed it in Darius’ familiar hand.

The moment the tip of my fingers touched his palm, I lifted my eyes to meet his that were already dead set on me. The corners of my lips lifted upwards in a full blown smile, instantly, as I gazed back in the most beautiful pair of eyes in the entire universe.

A barely visible but very much present layer of tears in his emerald orbs made them shine like crystals. Warmth enveloped my heart and I curled my fingers around his palm and gave it a
gentle, reassuring squeeze.

“Take care of her.” Angelo said, addressing him.

“Before my own life.” He replied, without missing a beat.

Red coated my cheeks and he adjusted my dress after he helped me up the glass platform. He held both my hands in his and the priest took that as a signal to start speaking.

I looked over his shoulder to see a giant four-tiered cake resting on a fancy glass table and I figured that it must be Leah because I never once went to cake tasting.

Come to think of it, I was probably the only bride who did not actively participate in her wedding preparations.

The heated gaze on the side of my head brought my eyes back to the man before me. I raised a brow at him and the side of his lips tugged upwards in a half smirk.