Five.

05. WEDDING

Your stares burned on the crumpled paper where the bucket list was written. All of the remaining items were ridiculous. You flipped to your back, eyes directly at the ceiling before moving your gaze to land at Haitani Ran who's sprawled out on your couch, browsing through his phone.

From that angle, you couldn't deny that it somehow reminded you of Rindou. Oh no, you really shouldn't be thinking of his brother. But why were you?

"Hey, Ran. Why do you even want to stay inside a jail?"

He turned his head to look at you, then curved on his lips was a smile. "Ah, one of the items in my list?"

You nodded as a response and he sat up, pulling his knees up and hugging them near his chest. "I don't know what to write anymore and that's what came to mind."

"You're quite an airhead."

"That's mean." he pouted sarcastically, making you want to throw a pillow at him. "But let's not talk about my list, let's talk about yours. Are you a hopeless romantic? Do you really want to rehearse a wedding before everything ends?"

Biting your lips, your patience snapped. Picking up the pillow next to you then with all your strength, you threw it towards him.

Not that you're being that hopeless in love, but the fact that at one point you and Rindou promised each other a wedding made you want to experience a wedding in general. And at that point, you realized that almost everything on your list somehow relates to Rindou—

Even after you said that you're over him.

Were you actually not?

"Ouch," Ran groaned, pretending that it hurts.

You rolled your eyes at him, jumping from your position. "What? Are we just gonna stay here all day and waste it?"

Ran scratched his nape and picked himself up, draping his arm over your shoulders, lips near your ear. "Let's get married then— but are you sure you didn't get sick after staying under the rain?"

A blush crept to your cheeks brought by his concern. You immediately flicked his arms off. "I'm not as weak as you picture me out. What about you?"

He crossed his arms on his chest, smirking. "Fine as hell."

"Good, now why don't you find a suit for our wedding?"

"Yes, princess."

The church wasn't empty as you expected it to be. You stood beside Ran as you watched a group of people kneeling in front of the aisle. Murmuring prayers while begging and crying, snot and tears mixing up on their faces.

Your wedding gown wasn't as extravagant because you wanted to rush everything, you just grabbed some random wedding gown from the empty boutique and ran with it. And standing there dead while you watch the people grieve is hilarious.

"They're praying?" you asked, resting your hand at ran's shoulder for support. Your high heels were making you suffer.

"I guess?"

"For what? For the world not to end?"

Ran peeked at you from his lashes before he answered, "I don't know? Probably since mankind are stupid. They'll try to deny everything until the very thing happens. They'll find something they can learn to believe in and if those beliefs didn't happen— next thing is they'll find someone to blame so they won't feel bad about themselves. Maybe praying is their defense mechanism. And you know what will make everything even more hilarious?"