Three.

03. BEAUTIFUL

"There's no employee."

The whole amusement park was empty, deserted. Not a trace of soul.

Ran sighed as he picked up a poster lying on the ground together with trash and garbage that were yet to be cleaned.

Well, everyone probably decided that it's no use anyway. Everything will turn into dust soon enough.

"Everyone is doing their business. Fulfilling whatever they can until the end. Look–" he handed you the poster, which is more like a warning that the amusement will be closed but is free to use. "But we don't have to pay."

"Are you broke or something?"

"I'm rich, y/n. You know I'm rich," he bragged, crossing his arms together. "What I'm emphasizing is that we can have this whole place by ourselves. No need to worry about prying eyes and other people's noise."

"Wow, you care so much about privacy when you wrote 'public sex' second to your bucket list. Shame on you."

"How about we change that to outdoor sex. In that case, we can cross out two of my wishes in one go, and then we consider this as a date and we clear one of yours." He smiled, teeth showing, proud of his own decision.

"Aren't you rushing things?"

"Princess, trust me. By the end of this day, you'll think the opposite. We have a very limited time. The clock is ticking. Who knows, the meteorites might even accelerate."

You bit your lip, sitting down beside him. That almost didn't cross your mind, but actually you didn't need to hear it.

"Okay, fine. Let's bungee jump without the harness. If it breaks, we can die first."

The male draped his arm around your shoulder, leaning his cheek on top of your head. "If we survive, consider us the luckiest man alive."

"Not until the world ends."

"Wait—" you exhaled, gripping tight on the single rope attached to your waist. Indeed, there wasn't any safety harness around you, only the rough rope connected to the main pole. "Are we really doing this?"

Ran's face was lit up, his purple orbs were obviously gleaming in excitement. His thin lips curved into a genuine smile, probably the most honest one he had for years. "On the count of ten, we're gonna jump."

"Oh wait, fuck!"

In the midst of your nerves, you could hear him chuckling lightly, making fun of how your knees get weaker and weaker by each passing second. "Come on now, princess. We certainly have all the time in the world, but it's now limited."

"Ahh, fuck you, Haitani Ran! Get counting, you ass!"

The wind blew as he laughed, eyes trained just in you. "Ten, nine, eight..." he counted and once you heard him utter 'go', your legs flexed on instinct. Jumping out of the wooden board, and at that moment, you heard him yell.

"You only live once!"

"Cringe," you murmured despite your shaking lips. Then you opened your eyes, what welcomed your sight was the surface of the sea slowly getting closer and closer, then stopped. Bouncing you.