"That's the hardest question to answer in any interview, Ran. How about you answer that first?"

"Hmm..." he hummed, maneuvering the car with one hand as he turned to a corner. "I'm Haitani ran, age 29, I like fist fights, I'm not afraid of blood, I love my baton and I clean it every day, I live with my younger brother-"

"Hold up!" you scratched your nape, looking at him with utter disbelief. "Are you kidding right now?"

With a chuckle, he gave you a side glance. "Of course. But really, just tell a story about something. Or ask me anything you like, anything at all. not gonna keep a secret at this point."

Hearing him say the most boring shit, you pressed your head on the window glass, glaring at the quiet neighborhood where people are starting to panic with the last 9 days on earth.

"Well, I did tell you that I don't want to talk about Rindou, but since you already mentioned your younger brother then- do you somehow know what he plans to do?"

Ran's shoulder visibly tensed, "He called last night. He told me he's just gonna spend it with his girlfriend and probably meet up with his friends. I don't know the details."

"Did you tell him about your plans?"

"He did ask before he told me his plans, but I didn't tell him about you. I just told him I have my own plans. Why?" The car swerved right, cleanly turning into a tight one way road.

"Just that I remember that he told me back then that if the world's gonna end... he's not gonna spend it with me, instead he'll spend it with you because you're the most precious person in his life."

As soon as you finished the sentence, Ran immediately stepped on the break, eyes wide and heart beat pacing up. There was something in his chest that he knew he'll never know the cause.

His brother does love him very much.

"He's a really good kid. That's why when the news broke that you guys ended, I kind of wondered what went wrong."

"Everything went wrong. I guess he was just too precious to be with me."

With a grimace, the Haitani started the car again, throwing the cigarette out of the window.

"Rather than completing your bucket list. I guess, we'll have to teach you how to love yourself first. You deserve everything, Y/n. I'm probably not the best person to be saying this since I've broken many women's hearts but... know yourself worth."

It was the very moment where your heart softened for another man, as the clouds slowly painted in a soft mix of red and orange. The sun is slowly setting. Sky bleeding out.

"You're right."

"But do we say I love you? It's a beautiful sunset after all."

Your forehead creased, "Why do you always have to mention that at the most random situation?"

"Well, you look cute when flustered."

-

You and Ran were sitting on the hood of the car, watching as the moon sank back and the sun rose up. On your side was a whole chocolate cake, Ran with a fork full on his mouth.

"Why did you even add this on your freaking list when you can't even finish one slice?"

"Ah... come on. I always see Rindou eat chocolate and I think they're good but I just can't tolerate too many sweets."

"And one slice is too much?" You shook your head, getting another slice of the cake as you watched him suffer as he chewed. "But you were able to eat that strawberry ice cream?"

"That ice cream wasn't so sweet-" he immediately covered his mouth when he felt like he's about to barf.

"Come on, Ran, don't force yourself!"

"No, I can still take it." Then he shoved another fork full of cake in his mouth, closing his eyes as he slowly chewed on the chunk of cake. Feeling as if heaven and earth already collapsed on his shoulder.

"Whatever you say. But I must admit that this cake is really good! Suck that I only discovered that cake shop when the world's ending."

"That's the consequences of humans for not taking care of earth and when it's about to end that's where they start to panic."

"Are you a mother nature lover?" You gave the male a suspicious look, scooping another slice. "But meteors aren't caused by humans, though? What? Did we throw a rock at the sky, then it grew big then came back to take revenge?"

"I don't want to argue when there's literally sweet flavors exploding on my mouth-"

Then a small droplet of rain suddenly poured down, drenching you both completely. Ran's hair sticking on his forehead while your clothes stuck on your skin.

"Wow... nice weather, huh?"

"I guess it's telling us to go take a shower?"

You laughed, jumping from the car's hood. "But isn't this our chance to cross out one on my list again?"

Ran placed down the fork beside the wet cake, "Yeah, kiss and dance under the rain."

"I wrote a kiss there?!"

He chuckled, walking towards you then pulling you close, picking your wrist up to drape them around his neck. "Yes, princess."

"Ahh, well, you will taste like chocolate so I guess it's fine-" then without further ado, his moist lips touched yours, melting on each other.

As the rain showered your figure and cold wind blew past through your embraces, the both of you slowly swayed each other's hips, jamming into the silent music that can only be heard inside your head.