Twenty Seven | He Wasn't Comfortable

Start from the beginning

Hobi was not sure if he regretted letting Yeonjun go or not. He had Yoongi, but not his little cousin. But either way, one of them or both would have been in danger.

~~~~~~

It was 10 o clock in the morning. The news about Yeonjun and Yoongi came earlier that morning. The house was quiet and a heaviness sat on all three of the occupants.

Jimin sat in his room alone, thinking about his brother and Felix and Yeonjun and how everyone must be feeling because of all the events that were happening. It was taking a toll on his mind and simultaneously his body. He wanted to fast forward time, but realized how dangerous it was. It was important to stay in the moment to stay informed.

Jungkook had headed to the beach; Tae followed close behind him and sat on the beach as he watched the youngeon interact with the water. The waves were softer today and the weather was mild. He watched as Jungkook interreacted with the waves, how he bobbed is head and his body with the natural rhythm. Kook touched the fishes that passed by. Tae felt the calmness and the ease Jungkook felt. He was finally understanding why the boy came to the ocean often.

Tae took out his camera and began to take pictures of Kookie.

Later, Jungkook walked out of the ocean and spotted Tae sleeping in the sand on a towel. Koo looked at how adorable he looked, sprawled out and messy haired. He kneeled next to him and climbed on top of him, engulfing him in a hug. Tae stirred underneath.

"Hey."

"Hey, sleepyhead," replied Jungkook. Tae chuckled as he pulled the younger into a more comfortable position. Tae could feel Jungkook's heartbeat get faster as they intertwined themselves with each other.

"How are you?" Tae asked Jungkook. He never was able to have a good conversation with the youngeon since all this craziness began. "I feel like I have not checked in on you in a while."

"You mean, even though we live together, and you can basically monitor all of my emotions and bodily functions," Kook chuckled, but Tae was serious.

"I want to hear it from you. How are you, Koo?"

Kook thought for a while. He really was affected and scared by the attacks on the people he loved. He was not okay. His bottom lip quivered just thinking about it. He was so stressed. "Four of us Tae. Four of us were attacked and . ." Jungkook burst out in tears. "I just feel so helpless. Like, I don't know how to help. I am not smart enough to just solve all of our problems."

Tae squeezed the younger tighter. "That is why I want to hear your words." He kissed his hair. "To tell you the truth, I feel a bit helpless, too. My brother is going through it. Jin, Namjoon and Yeonjun are the trailblazers in figuring these things out. All I feel like I am doing is huddling you and Jimin in the house. That is the only way I could protect you two, and I couldn't even manage to do that."

"Tae, we did not know that Jimin would be raped and you know that that was not your fault." Jungkook said to Tae. He knew that Tae was under a lot of stress as well, and was worrying about Jimin's mental and physical health. Kook did not want Tae to blame himself for anything that happened to anyone. "You could not stop him from going to school that day. He had no reason to think that he was in danger, so how would you know? His own teacher asked for a meeting with him and took advantage of him. No one could have seen that."

Tae sniffled behind Jungkook. They were now both crying.

"I just love you two so much and I don't want anything to happen to you, or anyone for that matter," Tae said. "The only reason I am leaving Jimin in the house alone right now is because of the protection spell. I did not feel safe letting you come out here by yourself. I followed you. I want to make sure you are protected."