Twenty Six| I'll Go

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?"

"I am going to his studio. He may be in danger. I have to warn him and bring him back home," Hoseok said trying to get the keys from Yeonjun.

"Not in this weather and if something happened to him, you would not get to him in time. And something could happen to you," said Yeonjun.

"Well, what should we do? Sit here?" asked Hobi, panicking.

"I'll go," Yeonjun said, watching the deterioration of his older family member's sanity before his eyes.

"And what if something happens to you, Yeonjun?" Hoseok asked, not liking the suggestion. "Can't you teleport me with you?"

"I . . I have actually never tried. That is for the more advanced teleporters. I don't feel comfortable taking someone, especially in a situation like this. What if something happens?" Yeonjun had never teleported another person with him, but he has seen it done many times by teleporter vampires. He also saw the accidents that came with it, and he did not want to attempt it. That was just a skill he did not have right now.

"Please? Let's try." Hoseok begged his cousin.

"No. Please. Let me go now. I can get there faster, like right now, just to check on him for you. I'll zap into a bathroom there and get to his office, in case people he is working with is in there. He may be perfectly fine. Then I will come right back here to you," Yeonjun tried to encourage.

"He would answer the phone, Junnie," Hoseok said in a stern voice. "I know something is up."

"I'll go now." With that Yeonjun teleported through to Yoongi's work bathroom on the same floor as his office. He listened to see if he heard anything unusual in the hallway. When it was quiet, he peaked his head outside. The hall was clear and he could see Yoongi's office door, closed, down the hall. He walked over to it and opened it.

Yoongi turned around in his chair, "Yeonjun?" he asked, wondering why the boy was in his office.

"Yeah, it is me. Why aren't you answering your phone?" Yeonjun asked in a stern voice, as if Yoongi was in high school and he was the one in college.

"It was on silent. Is something going on?" Yoongi asked.

"There was a threat. Felix received an anonymous text on his phone saying that there will be another attack on someone. It was in the group chat."

"Oh, I am fine. In fact, we had leftover food from a party earlier. One of my coworkers just offered me some," he pointed to his half-eaten food on another table in the room.

"Why are you traveling alone? You know that we are to travel together. Jin specifically relayed that our parents said that we should have a buddy system when traveling," Yeonjun continued his scolding of the older.

"You didn't travel with a buddy," Yoongi said with a grin.

"I don't have to because I travel in a different way, but I always try to travel to places where I know that one of us already are or where no one will see me. This is serious. You of all people should know this."

"I know, I know kid, I am just kidding. I will keep my phone on," Yoongi said in a serious tone. "You and I can ride home together, I am almost done here anyway. Is that okay?" Yoongi asked.

"Yes. Let me just call Hoseok and let him know that you are fine and that I will drive home with you," Yeonjun walked into the bathroom in Yoongi's office to call Hoseok.

The bathroom door was cracked, and just as he hung up with Hoseok he heard, "Yeon? Yeon!" Yoongi called. Yeonjun thought it odd, because Yoongi's voice was slurred. He walked out of the bathroom to find Yoongi lying next to the table. Yeonjun knelt beside him.

"Yoongi? What is wrong? Whaaa?" Yeonjun raised his body into a sitting position and held him. "What's wrong?" His own voice shaking.

"Ff-food. F-f'" Yoongi tried to stammer out. He tried to point in the direction of the table but his arm fell to his side.

"The food?" Yeonjun asked, looking down at Yoongi. His eyes started to roll back into his head. "Yoongi!!" Yeonjun knew that he had to get Yoongi some help, but he was afraid that if he called someone, that would be the person that is responsible for this. He did not know what to do as his friend was falling unconscious.

He remembered the message.

This is who's next.

Yeonjun knew he had to attempt to teleport a person for the first time. He had to, before Yoongi died. He prayed to any gods that would listen, as he got up and locked the office door. He did not know how long this would take and he did not know if he could even do it, but he will try. Then, he ran back to Yoongi's passed out body on the floor. He grabbed him and concentrated really hard on his target and him and Yoongi getting there. Then there was a ruffling of the door handle. Yeonjun jumped and tried to keep his composure. He did not care who was on the opposite side of the door, but he was sure that it was no one good. Yoongi was just poisoned. He continued to concentrate.

The people began to bang on the door, harder and harder trying to break in.

Suddenly, just as the door opened, Yoongi disappeared, but Yeonjun remained. He fell to the ground and pretended to be unconscious on the floor as the men walked in.

"Is this him?" one man asked.

"I think so," said the other in a much deeper voice.

"Take him."

😊 Feel free to vote, comment and share and save it to your reading lists 😊