As he laid his body down against her, Madeline felt his erection slide between her folds, and let out a gasp she couldn't contain.

"Shit, I can already tell I'm not going to last long," Elijah admitted. "Which sucks, since this is my only condom."

Madeline forced out a casual laugh. "My grandparents care package is in the corner. Maybe we'll get lucky, and there'll be a box in there."

His green eyes narrowed on her. "I'm sorry, you're going to have to repeat that."

He'd always known the polite version of her grandparents, who tried their best to be properly behaved around company. At least until they got a couple of drinks in them. He'd seen that version of them more than once. That's when they were full of absolute nonsense and inappropriate comments. Sometimes that nonsense came out randomly, or when they were surrounded by people they were familiar enough with. Those two were made for one another. Just like she was made for Elijah, and he for her.

At least, that's how she hoped he felt about this. Madeline didn't dare ask that question yet. She needed this part of him at least once. She could only hope that having him this way wouldn't cause her to lose him that other way.

"They're trying to make sure I stay safe," Madeline finally explained. 

Elijah placed a soft kiss against her lips as he slid across her again. "Well, if we aren't that lucky, know I plan of doing a much more thorough job on Sunday, once we're alone."

"Looking forward to it."

Madeline watched, completely mesmerized, as he tore the condom wrapper open with his teeth, slipped it out of the package, then rolled it over his erection.

"There are so many fucking things I want to do to you right now." There was something so dark about his voice. Something commanding. Even through the quiet of his voice, she could feel the energy of the words.

"I just need you inside me, Elijah."

That was all he needed to hear. With those words, Elijah thrust into her in her one, fluid movement, filling her body to the brim, causing her eyes to pinch shut while her hand flew to her mouth to muffle her gasp at the sharp pain.

"Christ, Maddie, how are you this fucking tight? Are you-"

Unable to speak, Madeline nodded her head. She wasn't anymore, as of five seconds ago. But had she admitted as much to Elijah beforehand, he would have wanted to wait. He'd want to take her out on a date or two, create this romantic atmosphere. But in reality, she just needed him.

Maybe that was why she'd never been able to bring herself to have sex. Maybe that was why no man ever felt quite right. Her heart was hinting to her that there was only one man who was meant to have that piece of her. 

Elijah removed the hand from her mouth, keeping still inside her, and placed the softest kiss against her lips. "If I'd known-"

"You would have wanted to wait," Madeline finished for him. "But after we kissed, I realized I've already been waiting a lifetime for you. I couldn't wait anymore."

Another kiss before his lips curved upward in a smile. "I would have taken my time going in," Elijah corrected. "I never would have turned you down, Madeline."

It almost didn't register. "You used my whole name."

Elijah's smile deepened, causing lines on either side of his face to form. "Maddie was my best friend. I think it's safe to say we just evolved."

Madeline laughed through the tears forming in her eyes, hoping like hell he didn't notice them. If he saw how much pain that caused, it would all be over before it truly began. 

After he nudged her mouth open, Elijah licked her tongue with his own in one swipe, then sat upward once again. Only this time, she felt his thumb press against her nub, rubbing her slowly as he slid out of her just a little, then moved back in. Even when his thumb picked up pace, his hips kept the same calm movement, careful not to cause her more pain than was only now just beginning to subside. 

Finally, Madeline's body began to relax, losing its rigid form. Her hands moved to his arms, one sliding down to the wrist where his thumb was against her, feeling him add just a little more pressure. Pleasure was taking over the pain, and Madeline let out a soft groan. 

"Better?" Elijah asked. 

Madeline bit her lip and nodded her response. 

His hips picked up just the slightest amount of speed, still taking his time with her, but adding strength in each movement. And as he did that, his thumb pressed down just a little harder, moving from a circular movement to a more contained one. 

Madeline's fingers squeezed at his arms as she felt her body build up, and the sensation began to surface. "Elijah."

His body draped above her once more, keeping his one hand firmly in place, and his mouth licked and nibbled at the skin of her neck, moved up to her ear, then down to her shoulder. His whole hand pressed against her wetness, rubbing wildly against the nub. Seeming to feel her climax approaching, Elijah covered her mouth with hers just before she cried out, muffling the sound. 

As she came down, Elijah's hips swayed into her, keeping his mouth on hers until he reached his own climax moments later.