(20) REWIND TIME AND YOU WILL END UP WITH YOUR MOUTH WIDE OPEN

Magsimula sa umpisa

She only had to turn her head a fraction of seconds to see Kyah entering the ball room. Her hair were down and straight, while the tight dress she was wearing was just revealing enough to make Jenni's eyes endorse heart shapes: she was to die for - literally. The Spanish immediately rushes toward her girlfriend, a red rose in hand.

Without really thinking about anything else than the Australian, Jenni leans in and kisses the blue-eyed passionately, as whistles and applauses are heard. Kyah grabs Jenni's hand, as she leans away and asks:

"What happened to us being discrete and secret?" 

Jenni smirks. 

"Te quiero, chica" the dark-haired just lets out, and Kyah did not even have to speak a word of Spanish to know exactly what it meant. Jenni sees how surprised she is, so she adds: "I am done hiding the best thing in my life, novia" (English: novia = girlfriend)

Kyah's smile is bright.

"I love you too, Jen."

Both women walk down the stairs they were on top of, before enjoying the party. They dances together, and even got crowned Prom Queens - nobody could ignore the hotness of the bad girl of Saint Ives and the high school's star soccer player, neither could they ignore the love that bounds them together. 

Only, good things do come to an end, always. 

As Kyah and Jenni were living their best lives on the dance floor, Pernille comes to them and whispers into Jenni's ear:

"We've got a problem."

Nodding, Jenni just turned toward Kyah and said:

"I'll see you after I deal with this, okay?" and, as Kyah nods, knowing exactly what business Jenni and her friends were running, she just smiles as Jenni adds: "I love you."

"I love you too, moron. Now go! Your friends need you!" Kyah says, kissing Jenni.

If only they knew it was the last time they'd see each other, maybe Jenni wouldn't have left her side ; Kyah wouldn't have gone onto the gardens looking for her girlfriend two hours later ; they could've just danced 'till death teared them apart.

But life is not always a happy story.

When Kyah realised it had been a few hours since Jenni left, she decided to go looking for her. Alcohol would make her steps and vision blurry, as she would bang herself on every turn of the building, until she found her way outside. 

Under the influence of alcohol, Kyah follows the shadows she saw from afar, but the more she would walk into the woods, the less she would see them. The voices had faded away, and only the basses of the music could be heard at this point. At the time, the City Hall of Saint Ives was surrounded by big gardens, and a forest where the Australian was now walking. 

She suddenly comes face to face with Leah Williamson.

"Holy fuck, Williamson, you fucking scared me!" 

Leah seemed out of it.

"What are you even doing here, Kyah?" she asks, confused.