Chapter 40 "Babysitters"

Beginne am Anfang

"You're going home soon, and I will talk to Brian so that I can bring your stuff to my place today" He said.

"Okay" I smiled.

"I talked to Sophie too"

Oh no. I don't think it's a good idea that he knows Paul's thing was just a misunderstanding.

"Oh, how's she doing?"

I couldn't think of a better thing to say.

"She's very happy actually. She was happy to help you, and so I thanked her for what she did for you today"

I wonder why he was not mad to see her knowing he thinks she "betrayed" me with Paul.

"Yes, she really helped me. I will always be grateful for that. She showed people can change for good"

I didn't say she and I talked about Paul, but I didn't lie either, so we're good.

"Yup, so now I will go talk to Brian, and tell him you're moving in with me" He said as he proceeded to get out of the room. "Wait" He turned around quickly. "Before I do that, I need to do this" He ran towards me, and kissed me real quick. "I'll be back" He then left in a rush.

He is too excited to take this big step. I feels so different, and I hate to admit it. When I moved in with Paul, it felt natural, but with George, it feels so forced... well, I do not love him...

***************************************

Paul's POV.

She moved in with him. I guess we will not be together any soon... At least I don't feel that upset because I'm focused on the idea of being daddy Paul which by the way, is not going very well.

"Done. I washed my hands, now what?" I asked George as I walked into the bedroom they decorated for Michelle.

"I think you should put this on her butt, but I'm not sure how" He said holding a baby powder bottle very confused.

Vicky was out on a doctor's appointment, and she left George in charge of baby Michelle, but he said he wasn't handling it very well, so he called me to help him. It turns out I was doing worse than him at taking care of a baby.

"I will not sprinkle that thing on my daughter's bum" I frowned.

"Then why did Vicky leave this thing here?"

"I don't kno-"

Michelle began crying like there was no tomorrow.

"Uh what do we do now?" George was freaking out, but he was trying to hide it.

"I am freaking out!" I squealed.

"Calm down, Paul. It WILL be alright, she's just... crying"

"Aha, we can see that, so?"

"Then, we need to find out what is bothering her. We can assume it's not her diaper because we're in the process of changing it"

"Still" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, throw this away by the way" He said handing me her dirty diaper.

"Sure"

"It's okay, honey. We are trying our best. Your dad will put on your diaper" George said to Michelle as he tried to make her stop crying by stroking her tiny little hands, but she cried harder.

"You sounded like her mum" I laughed.

"Shut up! And put some damn powder on her bum" He glared at me before he put the baby powder on my hands.