46

PHOENIX

I was running.

I was trying to find a way through the base and get to the prison cells, but the audio recording in the speakers followed me wherever I went.

It was the same thing on repeat. The sound of a car braking echoed through the halls. There was a slam as the driver stepped out of his car.

"Are you alright?" he asked as he approached the little girl in the middle of the street. She was crying. Blood covered her hands. Her clothes were torn. She had blonde hair.

I balled my fists. That girl was weak. She thrust herself into a cruel world without knowing anything of it, and it tore her apart. It cut her skin like glass. She was thrown to the ground, ignored, and violated. She was powerless.

I'm not powerless. And I never will be again.

I ran around the corner to find a group of at least twenty Ravens heading right towards me. They paused for a moment, surprised to see that I walked right into them. Fools.

The girl in the front, however, was not the same. She was an Eastern girl with dark skin, one that I had seen numerous times on "Wanted" lists. Her name was Trysha Dayholt.

In her hands was a whip of sorts—a metal chain with a spiked ball at the end. The moment she saw me, she flicked her wrist and spikes sprung out along the chain. She raised her hand. I smiled.

This should be fun.