One

The rustling and crackling of the leaves under his feet were loud as he ran through the orange, poorly lit forest. Though they couldn't power over the noise that came from the creatures that followed him at an alarming pace.

"Shit" Sunghoon reached for an arrow, only to reveal he had no more. He was tired, his head was throbbing in pain and his cheeks were tear stained. With nothing else to do, he ran again and tried hard to ignore the pain in his chest as cold air occupied his lungs.

The trailing creatures only seemed to get closer and louder. Sunghoon grew helpless. He was no good in these situations. Sure he was skilled with a bow and he could kill a few of them no problem, but with no arrows and a good twenty or so running after him, he didn't know what to do.

He slowed his pace and clutched his chest with a hand. He had no coat to cover up and night was falling rather quickly. The air was getting colder and he was exhausted. It hurt, it hurt so badly. He sniffled as his body's only response was to cry. Obviously this did not help his situation as it only made him begin coughing rather violently.

He tried to run once more but his legs gave out. Even if he ran, he would most likely faint and for sure grant death. He sat on the fallen leaves and watched the creatures as they got closer and closer, louder and louder.

He pulled out a shiv he had made beforehand and held onto it tightly. He took a deep breath, preparing for the worst when suddenly a boy ran in front of him holding a bat. He took on most of the creatures and bashed their heads in. Another boy ran up to Sunghoon and immediately began checking him, grabbing his head and feeling around his body for what he assumed were bites. Sunghoon tightened his grip on his shiv and widened his eyes.

"Put it down," the boy simply said. "We're not gonna hurt you.... unless you try to hurt us" he stared into Sunghoons eyes as his hands reached for the shiv.

"Jay is he bit? I held some off but there's too many coming, we have to go now" the other looked back at the two. His face was obviously a victim of the blood splatter.

"He seems fine but I'm not sure" the boy Sunghoon assumed named Jay said back as he quickly took Sunghoons bow and knife. Shoving the shiv in his backpack and hooking the bow on the straps.

Sunghoon couldn't react. He was frozen in shock with what was happening. He was scared to fight back or ask questions.

The other boy went towards them and looked at Sunghoon before quickly speaking. "Can you run? Are you hurt?" Sunghoon just stared.

The boy just nodded and helped him up. Sunghoons legs were shaky and he stumbled to fully rise. The two strangers looked at each other and seemed to speak with their eyes, saying nothing before Jay quickly swung Sunghoon onto his back, catching him by surprise.

"Let's head back fast. I don't wanna leave the others at night" the boy with no name said before they both ran through the forest. Sunghoon held onto the stranger tightly. 'This could end badly' he thought to himself as he tried to convince himself that getting murdered by two random boys might be better than getting eaten alive or turning into one of those things.