Kara shielded Jessica. "You stay the hell away from her, you psycho!"

The clown advanced on her. "You have a lot of fire, sunflower. I like that."

"Then wait 'til you get a load of me!" A voice shouted from above.

            All eyes looked skyward to a walkway overhead where another clown stood

All eyes looked skyward to a walkway overhead where another clown stood. This one appeared to be much older than the other with a flashier and more colorful sense of style, his suit much brighter than the other clown's – complete with a fedora. His makeup, while more together than the other clown's, seemed to be more organic, as if his chalk-white skin and green hair were his actual features.

He was in the accompaniment of his own militia of men, whose basic uniforms consisted of indigo leather jackets with patches that had the face of their clown commander, along with playing card patches, sunglasses, and various kinds of black hats.

"Open fire on 'em, boys!" the older clown ordered, and his goons obliged accordingly. This prompted the younger clown's men to return fire, initiating the most violent gunfight Kara had ever witnessed. Otis was caught in the crossfire, dropping dead right in front of Kara, Jessica, and Luthor.

Seeing Otis gunned down urged the three of them to seek cover, retreating behind pillars of steel, cylindrical containers. Kara focused on Jessica, who was frozen stiff with a blank expression on her face. "Jessica? Honey? Are you alright?" She didn't answer Kara, who could only conclude that the poor little girl was in total shock from the violent series of events that transpired within the last few minutes.

"Well, she's definitely scarred for life," the unsympathetic Luthor observed.

Kara fired off a cold stare at him. "Go to Hell!"

"We're already there, my dear," Luthor sneered.

In their brief moment of bickering, they found themselves cornered by one of the goons from the elder clown's gang. He aimed his gun at the head of Luthor. "Now, let's talk for a sec," he beseeched in a display of cowardice. "It's not me you want to shoot. I can pay you more than the painted freak you're working for." He then gestured to Kara and Jessica and advised the goon, "Shoot them! They're witnesses!"