4

Zayn's POV

I sit in the middle of my living room, sipping my hot tea and wrap the fluffy blanket around me. I keep checking the clock, even staring. Hours and hours passed away. I wonder what is Liam doing now. I keep texting him, asking when will he get back home. It's been three days and Liam keeps coming home late and drunk. I just don't know what makes him like this, but I hope he was okay.

Everyday since the first time he came home drunk, I keep asking him why would he like that but he will always change the topic, not wanting to be asked. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't care about me anymore, but I try to keep thinking straight like, maybe he is just need some fun. But what fun he has got out there?

I just really want him to know that I don't like waiting like this. All my worries won't go away until he, at least, reply my messages. But he will never reply one of them.

My head is so full by scary thoughts. What if he is cheating on me? It's the scariest thing to me. But the worst is what if he's bored with me because I can't do anything to make him happy? And what if I was a burden to him? I even shiver at my own thoughts. I can't keep my eyes off from the clock, my phone, back to the clock. My mind is full by Liam, Liam, Liam.

I tighten my grip on my blanket, protecting myself from anything that'd hurt me though there is nothing here. My phone is vibrating and I look at the screen saying, one new message. I quickly unlock my phone and check for the message. It wasn't Liam, instead it's an unknown number.

From: Unknown
I know I'm kinda of distant but you're always on my mind

At first, I thought this person is sending this message to the wrong number but when I get the new one, it hits me like a ton of bricks.

From: Unknown
Would you like it if I put you into my world, Zayn?

This person is someone who knows me, but who? She or he musts be known to me. I've never messing with strangers so I suppose to know whoever is this. I just want to ignore the message and well, I get the new one.

From: Unknown
Soon you will be mine.

Now I feel like there's pair of eyes watching my every move from every corner in this room. I just want Liam to come home as soon as possible. I feel terribly insecure and I just want to run out of this house, but maybe that was a bad idea because outside there is more horrible.

And then there's a knock on the front door. I jump surprised and my heart is beating in a rough way. I gulp hardly and my brain is soon freezing. Is that Liam? Or someone else? Well I hope it was Liam, but I have to check it up. So I dare myself to get up, still carrying the blanket over me. I walk closer to the door and there's another knock. I can even hear my own beating heart, it's too loud and it makes me want to curl up in a ball.

I turn the doorknob to the side, until the door cracks open. And there is nothing. Shiver runs through my body, but instead I peek my head out to see if there is anything or anyone. But still, it's nothing.

I take a deep breath before I close the door and lock it twice. Even though I'm scared as hell, my mind is still on Liam. I can't even feel that terrified, all I feel is worriness.

I turn all the lights off and walk upstairs to my room, drop my body to the warm bed and snuggle to the bedsheets underneath me. I let out a heavy sigh then fix my blanket. Well maybe Liam will be home soon, but sometimes soon means later. It's okay if I'm lonely and alone here, but I only want him to be fine out there.

I'm sending all my pray to God before I turn the lamp off and drive myself to sleep. And when I close my eyes, all I see is Liam.

Liam with his bottles of whisky.

Liam with his cigarettes.

Liam with his red eyes.

Liam with his drunken words.

Liam with his unnoticed phone in his hand.

Liam with himself getting wasted.

And I can feel my tears falling down my cheeks. My mind is saying, he's having fun there, while I'm in my nightmare here tonight. The clock keeps ticking and I just want it to stop because it makes me concerned. I tighten my grip on the blanket, curling my toes as I feel the cold tension is hovering over me. Well, it looks like I will have lack of sleep because of my own husband. And I'm trying to be okay with it.