Time went by fast and without her noticing, she is back in Seoul. She watched, in a trance, as the passengers started preparing to step out of the plane. Only when she felt the presence beside her leave, did she finally will herself to move and clear her clouded mind. 

She brought her phone out and turned it on. Hundreds of texts and missed calls immediately filled the screen, but she opened only one;

From: Manager Jung
I can't believe you did this.

From: Manager Jung
This better be the last, Lilac. Not because Hak is intimidated by you, you'll take advantage of his kindness. Do you know how scared he was? I knew it, I should've come with you.

From: Manager Jung
We haven't told the management and I will once your team landed. You have a few hours to settle your issues with that boy. Uncle is waiting for you at the basement parking, level 3. Use the VIP exit, I've alerted airport security. Go straight home after, the Madame will probably summon you tomorrow morning.

From: Manager Jung
The girls are worried, I told them what happened. I managed to stop them from calling for now, but they'll surely do tonight.

To: Manager Jung
Thank you, I owe you this. Don't worry about me, I'll just drop by his apartment to talk then I will go home. I'll see you tomorrow.

After sending that single text, she was about to turn off her phone again when she remembered something.

To: My Ki-Ryeong
I'm back. I'll be dropping by in about an hour. We need to talk.

She didn't wait for a reply and finally shut the device down. It's already a quarter past 12NN, but she doesn't feel a bit hungry. All she can think about now is Kio, lunch can wait.

"Long time no see, Miss," the elderly man's calm voice reached her ears as she bounded the cab.

A smile instantly stretched on her face, seeing the kind-looking driver. The sixty-year-old, more known as 'Uncle,' have been serving Cres Entertainment even before she entered the company. He has bonded with both the artists and the employees over the years, and he's definitely a trustworthy one.

He probably knew more things that could potentially turn into scandals than those notorious media outlets.

"It's really been a while. How have you been, Uncle?"

"Good, good. The same as always. So, where to?"

She recited Kio's address, and he started driving without any more questions. It will take around half an hour before she reach the apartment complex, so she decided to take some rest and close her eyes. Though, the gears inside her mind still continue to spin, remembering Mr. Spencer's words earlier.

"Aliens?," her interest was piqued. Well, she's someone who's into informative conversations, anyway. "Sure. Why not? The universe is vast enough to be a home to other species."

"Hmm... I love your way of thinking," Elius nodded. "So don't you think for aliens, we are the aliens?"

She frowned at first, but as she contemplated his words... her expression became one that shows agreement. "That makes sense. It's all about perspective."

"How about parallel universe, do you believe in it? You said the universe is vast enough... but we don't know how vast it really is. We're just a spec of dust, and there could be more versions of us out there, don't you think?"

"How about you, do you believe in it?," she threw the question back at him. Not gonna lie, she's starting to be more and more curious about the subject.

What if? What if there's another Lilac out there? Is she doing well like her? Did she achieve her dreams like her? Is she an idol too, or is she a doctor? Is she exactly like her, or is she a bit different? Has she fallen in love? Is she with someone?

Is it Ki-Ryeong?

"I do believe in it. And do you know what else I believe in?," the man paused and smiled. "There is someone in every person's life who came from another world and was sent here for a reason."

"What reason could it be?"

Elius shrugged, "depends on what the person needs the most. Sometimes they're sent here to save us, other times it's to teach us a lesson, to help us heal... to love us... to complete us. At times it may look like a punishment, but like you said, it's all about perspective."

"Then how will I know if the person is from the other world? Is there some kind of a hint?"

The man gently patted the back of her hand, "time. There will be an indication of time somewhere close. Because time is what connects us to our fate, and what reminds us of our reality."

She opened her eyes and looked ahead as realization dawned upon her. Mr. Spencer's words sounded very cryptic earlier but now that she tried to analyze it deeper... An indication of time somewhere close—the hourglass?

She perked up, eyes wide, and was about to reach for her phone when a kid suddenly came running across the street, a few meters away the cab she's riding.

"Look out!" she automatically screamed her heart out.

But it was too late to stop the vehicle, and the only thing the driver can do is stir the car towards the side of the road, right onto the barriers. Everything seem to go slow that very second. She watched as they got closer to the concrete barriers, and as if someone was taunting her, the red digits of the watch on the dashboard met her eyes.

1:09PM

She remembered telling Kio that those numbers might bring her luck... will they, really?

Closing her eyes again, she waited for the loud crash and the pain. But instead, the old driver's voice pulled her back;

"Stopped just right in time. I guess we got lucky here, Miss."