-----

After a few hours I still couldn't sleep. There's so much anxiety all throughout my body of how tomorrow or today since it's currently 3:30am. I've set myself up for this so I'm reality I have no one to blame but myself. Even if Grayson cheated I'm the one is in the undeniable wrong.

I listen to his heavy breaths a few moments longer and proceed to carefully remove his arm from my waist so I can slip out.

As quietly as I can I sneak out of the bedroom and close the door behind me. The feel of the cool marble stairs on my toes causes me to shiver.

I tiptoe down the staircase and turn on the dim light to the kitchen. The kettle already has enough water in it, pressing the button. While the water boils I grab a mug and grab a peppermint tea bag.

After a moment I hear the click of the kettle telling me the waters boiled. I pour some into my mug and walk over to one of the barstools taking a seat.

I allow the feel of the mug holding the hot water to heat against my skin. Taking a sip, the burst of the burning peppermint on my tongue begins to relax my nerves.

"Jesus Christ Olivia! I thought you left" he sighs deeply.

"You were asleep, I didn't want to wake you. I was just going to have a cup of tea to calm my nerves and come right back to bed."

His thumb rubs soothing circles on my lower back. "Nerves? What's stressing you out? If it's Marie, I texted her father and he's going to call me at 10."

"It's not that. I'm anxious about our conversation. I know I've completely ruined everything and I'm.. I don't know how to explain it."

"Hey, shhh. You don't need to be nervous. I'm just confused more than anything. You up and left without an explanation and then refused to speak to me." He took a sip of my tea, smirking when he tasted it. Peppermint like he made for me that night. I remember him telling me it's what his mom used to give him when he had an upset stomach.

"Marie saw a woman who'd been freshly fucked exiting your office on our wedding day. She told me on our wedding night and I freaked-"

"Hold on. A woman? I didn't cheat on you Olivia. I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't have to lie-"

"I swear I'm not." He didn't get defensive but remained calm while I felt the tears pricking the back of my eyes.

"Th-then who did she see?"

"She may have made it up to get you away from me. But I'll take a look at the security camera footage to see if there's some sort of an explanation."

"Thank you." My voice a mer whisper.

"Did she say anything else?"

"Well she told me that you might take my child away and file for full custody which I also thought about because I knew you'd be mad and you're so powerful, it wouldn't take much."

"What?! I would never do that to you. Ever!"

"I will spend however long it takes to make this up to you. I shouldn't have trusted her like I did and I shouldn't have been so awful as to pack up my stuff and leave without an explanation."

I want to smooth the crease in between his eyebrows but I hold back not sure if he wants me touching him at the moment.

"If you weren't pregnant right now I'd definitely have lost it by now but I'm not going to put any stress on the two of you. We clearly have some things we need to work on, like trust and make sure we always communicate with each other. Especially now that we're bringing a child into the world."

"I couldn't agree more. I do want to know what our arrangement is going to be for the next, roughly six months."

"You'll be here of course. You aren't doing this without me. We both contributed to creating this life, it wouldn't be fair of me to suddenly expect you to deal with this on your own. So I'm going to be here every step of the way." If I were the grinch my heart would have grown three sizes.

"Alright. For the next six months I'll stay here."

"Good. Then we can discuss getting a proper house, with a large back yard, preferably with a pool and multiple stories."

"Ahem, huh?"

"Why do you seem confused?"

"You really want to be around me? You want to get a house together?"

"Of course. You're mine. I'm not letting you go again. As stupid as your actions were, being without you broke me. My mom had to come in and do some serious damage control. I've fallen in love with you Olivia."

Well now the tears are running down my cheeks. He felt the same as I do. He loves me. The pure joy I felt, I never wanted to let it go, or him.

I sniffled "I love you too." Grabbing his face I crushed my lips against his. He seemed surprised at first but melted into the kiss, swiping his tongue across my bottom lip, begging for entrance.

Granting it to him his tongue delved into my mouth fighting with my own for dominance. Which he won. He pulled back "I want a divorce"