Future State (Flarrow)

Start from the beginning

"Ahem, no just, I went to the future and dug up these heavily redacted documents from Berlin, but I couldn't find out more because my hacking skills are somewhat limited," Barry told her.

"What could you find out?" Mia asked.

Barry looked down, he sighed.

"The group that kidnapped him, Mia, are the League of Assasins. I don't know why they did, but I think your father left some unfinished business with them, that's the only reason they'd kidnap your brother."

"I need to go back to the future then," Mia told him and stood up, downing her shot glass.

"Wait..." Barry said almost immediately, which he noticed, but it was too late to back down now.

Mia raised a brow.

"Are-aren't you going to stay for dinner? It'll be served in a moment," Barry stuttered out.

Mia tilted her head to the side in thought, her eyes traced over Barry once inconspicuously according to her, but Barry noticed it, and he almost squirmed with butterflies. 

"Okay, I can do that, a good night's sleep sounds about right too," Mia said.

Barry sighed in relief and smiled at her. 

"Cool, maybe we can talk about the mission at my loft," Barry offered.

"We? Are you going to come with me?" Mia asked.

"I mean, you're going to be facing some pretty serious foes, you'd need backup," Barry told her.

Mia scowled, and Barry's face turned to that of a puppy who did something horribly wrong.

"I don't need backup, I can handle myself," Mia grunted and walked away. Barry closed his eyes and rubbed them.

"I forgot she has Oliver's temper," Barry mumbled under his breath.

Iris walked up to him with a wide grin on her face, Barry looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Barry asked, slightly annoyed.

Iris smacked his shoulder and laughed.

"Dude!" Iris chuckled out.

"What?" Barry asked as he smiled at her.

"Bro, she is so into you! I mean look at that dress! And when I asked her when she had a boyfriend in the future she froze and then for a split second I swear, she looked at you!" Iris told him. 

"Shh, keep your voice down!" Barry hissed as he tried to cover Iris's mouth. 

Iris slapped his hand away and laughed again.

"Come on, Barry, Mia is smart, beautiful, I mean look at that dress! And she's like Oliver, who you were like your man crush or something," Iris told him.

"Look, geeking out over Oliver and his time as the Arrow is NOT crushing on him, but banging him not once, but twice in a day is, and last I remember you slept with him because he was eyeing you during the time we were in Starling to stop Vandal Savage," Barry said, a sly smirk on his face.

"Is it because she's his daughter? What are you afraid of?" Iris asked.

"I don't have feelings for her, and she's not into me," Barry insisted.

Iris rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"You were always so oblivious, even now 7 years later," Iris told him.

"Go make sure the table is set up and then you can find me a date," Barry told her and shooed her away.

"I'm multitasking!" Iris said as Barry pushed her into the dining room and shut the door.