Chapter 1: Emergence

(OC is mine)

Michiru

I can't believe we did it! All this time, mine, and my best friend's blood were the cure to the Syndrome! It didn't even take more than a day to get the antiserum distributed, and now nobody will go on a rampage if they even remotely get stressed!

Well, at least most people, the slums still need work, but still!

And to think this all started because me and her got in a freak accident...

What are we, superheroes?

I mean, we got the tragic backstory, had our journey, and our revelations that made us better all the while. What's not to like?

I got introduced to a world that was beyond anything I've seen in my life, I don't think anything can get better than the prospect of defending it.

"Michiru, you coming?" My friend asks, I'm lagging right now.

"Yeah, Nazuna, wait for me!" I say, flapping my wings harder.

As an enhanced Beastman, we have limited shape shifting powers that grant us enhanced strength, speed, agility, senses, and even minor disguises depending on the forms we take.

Even with me being a Tanuki and Nazuna a fox, it only ever slightly varies between us.

Our flight capabilities take the forms of wings that I flap with my arms, and hers are on her back reminiscent of an Angel.

Yeah, we're flying right now if it isn't already obvious.

I mean, with my gorilla arms I can throw, punch, and swing like never before. I can even take hits I normally wouldn't have been able to survive otherwise. Only problem is that it makes anyone who uses it look grossly disproportionate. It may be weird, but it works.

I've grown quite fond of my beast form, because as I've said before, since I became a Beastman, I've basically become a superhero at this point.

I think Nazuna would agree too.

"So, what do you plan on doing now that you've saved the Beastman world?" My best friend asks.

"Hey, WE saved it. Don't leave yourself or Shirou out of this or even our friends. We all had a part to play." I say to her.

"Okay, basketball girl, with the play of the century. Totally not outshining us." She sarcastically says, but we both smile.

"Regardless, we still wouldn't have been able to do it without you. So, for that..."

Being besties, we can basically read each other's minds.

"LET'S CELEBRATE!" We both exclaim as we barrel roll around each other briefly.

"So what do you wanna do? Animacity is pretty big, there's plenty of options." Nazuna says, scanning the town.

"Hmm..." I say, thinking. "Not sure, honestly. Maybe Kim and Kuro's? I've been there before, their stuff is pretty good, and-"

"What the...?" Nazuna asks, her head is faced upwards.

"Nazuna? What're you...looking...at...?" I ask, following her gaze...

To the sky.

"Was it supposed to be cloudy today?" Nazuna asks.

"The forecast said it wasn't supposed to rain until next week..." I reply.

"Maybe we should get to the-"

"Why are they moving? The clouds? Why are they moving like that?" I unintentionally interrupt my friend.