Chapter 12; Moving to Volterra and Engagements

Anya's POV
Goodbye was never an easy thing to say. Two days after graduation dad had moved to Alaska with Esme, Carlisle, Edward, and Mireya in tow. The informed us that he'd been bitten this morning, and would be unreachable for the next few days.

Mireya had switched to the animal diet while Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett switched to human. Everyone told them that they didn't have to, but Mireya wanted to do it for Edward while Rose, Emmett, and Jasper wanted to try it out. They agreed to only feed off of criminals, and would return back to animals if they didn't feel comfortable.

We sold our childhood home with all the furniture included. The only things we took were personal items, clothes, and pictures. Alice and Bella went missing the night of graduation. Demetri informed us that they were residing in Long Beach, California. We had a yard sale of her items that she hadn't taken with her.

We were now on a plane headed to Italy. The guards and ladies immediately changed out their wardrobe to fit our traditions. Jane, Corin, Rosalie, Heidi, and Chelsea all now wore beautiful yellow dresses. While Emmett, Jasper, Alec, and Demetri now wore creamy tan colored suits/cloaks. Jasper, Rose, and Emmett had been given Volturi crests that now hung from their necks with pride.

We finally landed and made our way to the castle. Once we entered the doors my mates ushered me to my new room, while the twins ushered Leah, Paul, and Katya to her new room.

(Mine)

(Katya's)

(Katya's)

We were of course blown away

We were of course blown away. The mixture of royal and our tastes made us feel as if we were in a dream. My mates explained the hallway to me. It was reserved for the royal family. So at the very end of the hall was Aro's room. To the right was Caius, and to the left was Marcus. Next to Marcus was Didyme and I was across from her in between Caius and Katya's, Leah's, and Paul's room. Across from Katya was dad's, Carlisle's, and Esme's room for when they visited us.

We started unpacking whilst my mates explained to me what would happen. After we settled in we would of course be turned, and afterwards have my coronation, then a ball thrown to welcome the new Queen and Princess of the vampires.

I nodded absorbing all of it. The kings each then kissed my cheek and left me to my own devices. Heidi and Didyme entered the room to help me unpack. They informed me that Jane and Chelsea were doing the same. Demetri and Alec stood outside our doors while we unpacked.

Rosalie and Emmett received a room in the upper guard levels, while Jasper moved in with Corin. Jasper and Corin had a small wedding the day before we left for Italy. They were technically supposed to be on their honeymoon but had insisted on using this time to adjust to their new duties.

Edward had purposed to Mireya after they left for Alaska. Carlisle and Esme even married dad the day they left for Alaska. Maybe it was the wedding fever talking, or maybe the mating bond, or maybe even my hidden desire for a royal wedding! I don't know!

All I know is that I wanted to marry Aro, Marcus, and Caius! My kings, my mates, and my lovers. And I wanted to do it before I was turned. I spoke with Katya about this and she admitted that she too wanted to marry Paul and Leah before she was turned.

Heidi and Didyme must've sensed my jumbled thoughts because Didyme asked "Is something bothering you, sorella?" I bit my lower lip and said "I want to marry the kings, and Katya wishes to marry her mates, but we don't know how to broach the subject with them" I felt relief saying it out loud.

Heidi and Didyme exchanged looks before asking me to wait on the bed. I obeyed and they walked out of the room. I sat there nervously for 15 minutes fearful that they had told the kings of my desires, but I was pleasantly surprised when they returned with my sisters, Corin, Jane, and Chelsea.

Heidi and Didyme sat everyone down and repeated what I just told them. Everyone began to voice their thoughts.

"That's wonderful news! I can't wait for the weddings!" -Jane.

"It's just the mating bond progressing. It's perfectly natural" -Rosalie.

"I'm so happy for you my queen! If your concerns lie with you getting married so soon after your parents, and Jasper and I fret not! Because we support you 100%!" -Corin (which honestly brought some relief).

"I personally think that getting married before turning is the best option" -Didyme.

"Don't worry about it being too soon. You're mates! This was bound to happen at some point" -Chelsea.

"I agree with Chels. You both deserve to be happy, and experience some human things before turning"-Heidi.

"Yes! Exactly! After you've been turned you won't be able to have children, but at least you'll be able to have a human wedding. Being married to a newborn, and as a newborn sucks. Speaking from personal experience here" -Rosalie.

Everyone nodded along with Rose's statement. I turned to Katya who'd been silent throughout the conversation. "Katya?" Everyone turned to face her.

Katya bit her lip and said "I don't want a big royal wedding like you, but I do want to marry the loves of my life before I become a vampire. I want them to see me as human me and not vampire me" she started tearing up "I want to be Mrs. Clearwater-Lahote!" I rushed over and embraced her.

"We have to tell them!" I told her. "You don't need to" we turned and saw our mates standing in the doorway smiling at us with tears in their eyes.

"We want to marry you too Anya/Katya Swan"