Chapter 06: The Volturi

Anya's POV
A nearly four hour plane ride and we were at Tuscany airport waiting for Alice to pick up a car. We decided to change into the clothes that we wanted to die in. Just in case, you know? We wanted to look good when we see Grandma Helena again, and maybe God, if that's not too much to ask.

(My outfit)

(Katya's outfit)

(Katya's outfit)

After we changed we looked at each other and intertwined our hands

After we changed we looked at each other and intertwined our hands. We walked out and didn't let go. I kept staring at our hands and refused to look up.

I didn't look up when we got into Alice's stolen Porsche. I didn't look up when Alice sped us through the crowded city. I didn't look up when Bella left the car. I didn't look up when Alice yanked us out of the car. I didn't look up as Alice dragged us to a clock tower. I didn't look up as she broke down the double doors. I didn't look up as we met with half of the elite guard. I didn't look up as we were guided through the halls of the castle. I didn't look up while we were in the elevator. I didn't look up when we entered the throne room.

But I did look up when I heard the most enchanting voice say "Fratelli miei. Il nostro compagno è arrivato, finalmente la regina dei vampiri è tornata a casa!" (My brothers. Our mate has arrived, finally the queen of vampires has come home!) before me were three angels, though their red eyes clearly screamed vampires. I couldn't help but be in awe of them.

The one on the far left had long messy brown hair and paper pale skin with burgundy eyes. He clearly was the one who spoke as he looked at me in awe. The one in the middle reminded me of a gender bent Snow White with milky red eyes that made strawberries envious. The one on the far right closest to me had platinum blonde hair and pomegranate colored eyes.

The guards in the room looked at me in complete shock before they bowed in me and my sisters direction. Katya's grip tightened on my hand that I briefly forgot was wrapped around it. I placed my other hand on our intertwined hands and whispered soothingly in Russian "It's alright, little sister, everything is going to be okay. They're not going to harm us."

She looked at me bewildered obviously not believing me before her face softened and she nodded. Silently saying that she trusted me. The kings sped up to us and once again Katya's grip tightened, but as I rubbed soothing circles on her hand she relaxed again.

The kings started to cup my face and play with my hair as they whispered sweet nothings to me in Italian making me close my eyes and sigh swooning. Unfortunately we were interrupted by a nails on a chalk board voice.

"Excuse me?! What the hell is going on?!" Bella screeched, making the kings growl in annoyance. The raven haired king suddenly said "Santiago, Afton," two vampires appeared and said "Yes, Master Aro?" 'Aro' spoke again "Take our queen and her sister to Marcus's chambers until after our feeding and guard them."

The two vampires bowed in unison "Yes, Master Aro. Please follow us, la nostra regina e principessa" (our queen and princess) we nodded as they ushered us out of the room. Being careful not to touch us.

They guided us deeper into the castle and led us to a large cherry wood door with a golden 'M' in the center of it. Santiago opened the door and revealed a large library study with cherry wood book shelves and furniture. There was royal blue rugs, curtains, and cushions indicating that it was a favorite color for 'Marcus'.

Katya and I sat down on the couch as Afton spoke up "Le mie signore," (My ladies) "Have you eaten? Are you hungry? Or shall I prepare a bed for you to rest in until my kings summon you?" I decided to speak up "Could we have some mushroom ravioli, please? Then maybe a nap will do us some good" he nodded and said "As you wish mia regina" I sighed in relief "Thank you" he sped off.

Santiago bowed and said "I will be right outside if you need me, mia regina" he turned to my sister and said "mia principessa" then exited the room.

Katya slowly turned to me and quietly whispered "What the hell was that all about?" I bit my lip and said "Katya, I'm the Volturi kings mate" her eyes widened and she said "Holy shit...."

"My twin sister is the queen of vampires!"