CH. 21

“Y/n?” someone shook my sleeping body but I didn’t move “Y/n, wake up” I groaned, being shaken harder and with difficulty I opened my eyes just a little, noticing a silhouette standing beside my bed which made me start to scream. The shadow yelled along with me until I sat up and realized that it was Taehyung.

“Tae?” I threw a pillow at him, placing my hand over my chest “The fuck are you doing here?! You wanna kill me with a heart attack?” I checked my phone and noticed it was 6AM. On a Sunday “You did not wake me up that early!”

“Sorry” he smiled embarrassed “I wanted to be the first one to hear it!”

“Hear what?” I rubbed my sleepy eyes, I can’t think before coffee.

“How was your date!” he sat down on my bed and I lifted my gaze at him with an angry expression.

“You didn't”

“C’mon, you don’t tell me things anymore! It’s been ages since we hung out just the two of us! I should be your top priority”

Something was wrong. Every now and then Tae would relapse and become this clingy personality that needed hugs and cuddles. I tried to observe his face with the dim lighting of the room due to the closed curtains but I could see a hint of upset. I sighed.

“Did you even sleep tonight?”

“A little” he murmured, avoiding my eyes.

“What happened?”

“Nothing happened! I was just curious about you and Jungkook” he fiddled with his thumbs, looking down.

“Tae, you know you can tell me anything” I reached out for his hand, finally earning his gaze.

“I had a disagreement with Jimin yesterday” he played with my fingers instead, almost unconsciously “And at night my mom sent me a video of a family gathering saying ‘you’re the only one missing’; ‘look, your aunt cooked your favorite’. I don’t know, I got a little upset that I wasn’t there. I was gonna call you but I didn’t want to ruin your night, so I kept myself entertained with some movies and now I’m here” he smiled sadly and I felt like squeezing him until all the pain went away.

I opened my arms for a hug and in a blink he was in my embrace. Before coming to Seoul we promised that we would help and be there for each other and that’s what I’m doing. Letting him know that he’s not alone, that I’m here for him. Tae likes to tease and make jokes all the time, but when it comes to his family things change. It’s amazing how sensitive and dependent he can become on you for attention and affection when he’s not feeling like himself. It’s a living hell when he gets sick.

“Was your fight with Jimin that serious?”

“No”

“So you can talk to him about it today”

“Ok”

“Why don’t you take a train to Daegu next weekend? You can go Friday and come back Sunday like Hobi and I did when we went to Jeju” I proposed and he pulled away to look at me.

“Do you think I should?” he bit his lip, completely unsure.

“Definitely”

“Will you go with me?”

“I can’t” I smiled sadly and he started to pout.

“Why not? Your mom would like to see you”

“Because I’m dating now and I would like to spend my weekend with my boyfriend” Tae’s eyes widened and I suddenly felt embarrassed. Is still weird to think that Jungkook and I are finally together.