CH. 5

So you placed his kid to sleep but haven’t asked if you could raise him together?” Sohee asked through the video call while I was applying lipstick.

“We haven’t even talked after that night!” 

“And what exactly are you waiting for?”

“Didn't you hear me? Maybe he’s dating that Jimin guy” I glanced at her.

“Yeah, and ‘maybe’ is the key here!” I rolled my eyes, wiping the excess of color from my lips “I just think you should make a move and see what’s his deal, y’know”

“Maybe someday, we just met” Koda came close to me, wagging his tail and I caught him, wanting Sohee to stop talking about Jungkook “Oh, look who’s here”

“Oh my God!” she got closer to the screen “He got bigger! See, that’s why I need to quit! That way I can go and visit him” she rested her chin on her hands, squeezing her cheeks while pouting.

“I can actually feel your love” I said sarcastically.

“Speaking of love,”  she smiled devilishly “how’s Taehyung?”

“He’s fine, we’re going out in a bit”

“Tell him I said hi” I chuckled.

“I will, don’t worry! Ok, I gotta go now. Thank you for finding time for me in your busy schedule”

“Always. My appointment with you is called ‘Choose back cover with K’”

“Who’s K?”

“The owner. I just pretend I talk to him so people can respect me a little more. And be scared”

“And you say you don’t have a defined position. You basically run the place”

“Yeah, right” she scoffed “Anyway, have fun! Take care of yourself and don't do something I wouldn't”

“Don’t worry! Byee”

“Byee”

I ended the call and looked at my puppy, still on my lap.

“Time to have fun” I pecked his head.

***

I met up with Hoseok and Taehyung outside the club. Luckily there were only 3 people in line so we were able to get in quickly. A lively song played at top volume as several people gathered on the dance floor. The smell of smoke and alcohol was palpable and the place was considerably crowded, but it still allowed us to walk around without much trouble. It was our first time there and Hobi guided us as if he were in his natural habitat. We reached the huge bar which thankfully was in an area where we could talk without shouting.

“So, what do you want?” Hobi asked me.

“Surprise me”

“Let’s start with some shots!” Taehyung said excitedly, tapping the counter following the rhythm of the music.

“6 shots, please!” Hoseok requested the woman behind the bar, who quickly placed our request in front of us. He grabbed one and we did the same, raising them in the air “Let’s have some fun”

The next hour went by faster than I imagined and was much more fun than I expected. Every fifteen minutes one of the boys would show up with a different drink and we were on fire on the dance floor. I could feel the beats of the music in every cell of my body and a layer of sweat was forming on the back of my neck. My balance wasn't the best, but that didn't stop me from having the best night with my friends.