(platonic) red velvet + reader

Requested by ShinyDrakeon15, hope you like it!

Note: reader goes by they/them!

For the young cookie, working with the cookie of darkness was something very fun, but also the only thing they had known their entire life. They had grown up around them, and they even trusted them enough to give them their own mission!

Though the cookie tends to get distracted a lot. But how were they supposed to keep track of Gingerbrave and his friends when the outside world was there?

“(Y/N)? What are you doing here, kid? Didn't you have watching duty?”

Red Velvet’s voice made them look up from the ground, cake hound in their arms as they smiled at him.

“I was! But then I uh… loose… lost them! They sneaked so so quicker, Red Velvet!”

He let out a sigh at their answer, taking a seat at their side. 

“You can’t keep coming here every time you lose them, you know? As much as I appreciate your help, you have a job to do”

“But being here is funnier…. I always saw Gingerbrave and others have fun and then I wanna join! But I can’t join them, so I come to the funniest place I know!” (Y/N) said, hugging the cake hound in their arms, who let out a very happy bark in return.

The sight made Red Velvet smile. The young cookie had always helped him with the cake hounds, and it was obvious the two of them were attached.

His cookie arm moved to their hair, ruffling it gently as they giggled happily.

“How about this: I let you stay for a bit, and then you go back to your mission?”

“Really?! You promise?”

“I promise. Now come with me, little pup, there are a few cake hounds that need a good bath”