Red Velvet x female! Reader

Requested by The-Muffin-Demon69, hope you like it!

Red Velvet always took care of the Cake Hounds himself. He had never wanted help, not that he needed it.

He didn't trust other cookies to help them with their care. Not even to be near them.

At least that was what everyone thought.

(Y/N) was the only exception in his eyes. 

The first time she arrived, the cake hounds were immediately at her side. Red Velvet had never seen them so… happy. 

Not around other cookies at least.

That was the only reason why she was allowed to come and go as she pleased. If the cake hounds were happy, so was he.

Though, as weeks passed, he realized he also enjoyed  her company.

He slowly allowed himself to trust her, to be closer to her.

To trust someone.

And now there they were, sitting side by side, watching the cake hounds eat.

"That was a lot of work… do you really do this yourself every day?"

"Yes. It is my duty after all"

"Must be tough…" she muttered to herself, though he heard it perfectly.

"... Taking care of them is the easiest part. Is the only moment I see they are safe and not fighting, not knowing if they will return or not" Red Velvet said, voice dropping a bit as he spoke.

When did he even start talking about that kind of stuff? Maybe he was getting too soft and should…

A sudden weight on his side made his train of thoughts stop, his gaze moving to look at the other cookie.

"You truly have to deal with a lot… isn't there anything I could do to help?" She asked softly, her head resting on his shoulder.

Red Velvet sighed, his arm pulling her a bit closer as his head rested on top of hers.

"... You been here is enough for me"