9 ❥ big girls don't cry

Start from the beginning

"Uhhh guys, is that...Madison?" I ask

The guys look at each other in shock before they quickly whip their heads in the direction of the back of the gym.

"Oh fuck" Jesse says as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Bro I thought we got lucky and she moved without saying goodbye to anyone...guess not." Xander sighs.

By the looks of it, she looks pissed and after following her gaze, it's so obvious that she's staring daggers at Ash and Lina.

Asher and Madison dated for years, they were the "it" couple of this school everyone wanted a relationship like theirs. However, one day something happened and they just broke up which caused Ash and Madison to both go missing for a while. From what I heard, the news of Madison cheating on Ash with one of his closest friends hit him so hard, he ended up leaving the state just cause he was so depressed. After a few months, however, he returned and acted as if nothing happened but he also returned covered in tattoos and a newly formed smoking habit. As for Madison, she never came back...until now.

"Should we tell Ash?" I asked. The guys both looked at me as if I had two heads and quickly shook their heads no.

"Wanna dance?" Jesse asks as he stands from his seat and reaches out a hand.

"Yes...only if Xander comes too. I don't want you sitting here alone, you were the most excited for this stupid dance so you gotta dance with someone." I say before I grab both Jesse and Xander's hand and lead them both towards the middle of the dance floor where Ash and Lina already were.

Once we get there, we realize that we didn't think this through since we have no idea how we are gonna slow dance since there are 3 of us. But, soon enough we just form this awkward triangle-looking thing and just link arms as we sway back and forth to the song.

"Jesse, why do you keep looking behind you?" I ask. I swear this man looks as if he's getting ready to get tackled or something.

"What? Oh it's nothing I just think we have danced enough, let's go home!" he replies before he starts to drag us off the dance floor.

"Huh? I don't wanna leave man. What's your prob-" Xander was cut off by someone.

"Jesse...can I talk to you?" Liliana Zu asks. Personally, I don't have a problem with the girl but I do know Jesse despises her and so does almost every other person at this school. Then again, I have never really talked to her so I can't say much.

"Oh...uhh...I'm kinda in the middle of something right now Lili." He replies without even sparing her a glance...I don't even think he blinked.

"I can- I can see that but it's important." She says as she puts her hands on her hips. And just like before, everyone's eyes are once again on my friends and me.

"Can't this wait, Lili?" Jess says...no BEGS her.

"I mean unless you want your friends to hear about what happened last Friday and how you threw-" She was quickly cut off when Jesse let go of Xander and me and grabbed Lili's hand, dragging her out of the gym.

"I- I'm not even gonna ask," I say with a laugh. I turn away and begin to make my way back to our table when all of a sudden Xander grabs my hand and twirls me right back to him, making my back hit his chest.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asks before he twirls me again so I am facing him.

"Oh- um...well I thought you wouldn't want to dance anymore now that Jesse is gone," I say while looking at the floor. Get a grip, Arya! He just laughs a bit before he wraps my arms around his neck and his around my waist. I wouldn't be surprised if my cheeks were as red as a fucking cherry.