ɴɪɴᴇ

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

ƬΛ

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

VI LOOKED LIKE SHE HAD BEEN STRUCK BY LIGHTNING, HER PUPILS DILATING AND HER JAW DROPPING IN SHOCK. Her hands shook as they reached out towards Delta, fingers gently wrapping around the edge of her jaw. "Delta?" Delta flinched at the contact before ripping her head out of the pinkettes grip, backing away like an injured animal. Vi looked at her in confusion as she struggled to stand, Caitlyn wrapping an arm underneath her armpits and acted as a crutch for the woman. "You said your name was Delta but thats impossible. I watched her die with my own eyes." Delta sneered, throwing her arms up in the air in frustration. "Did you? Last I checked she didn't even go with you on that mission, instead she was kidnapped." Vi's mouth gaped like a fish, her eyes widening. "Kidnapped? What the fuck are you talking about." "Oh, no one told you? While they were out attempting to save Vander I was left to be taken by Sevika and experimented by Silco. They created me." Delta spread her arms as she gestured towards herself. "They created the monster I am."

Vi went to speak but Caitlyn cut her off. "Experimented on you?" Delta glared at her before leaning down, a mocking smile as she stared into Caitlyn's blue eyes. "Yes, princess. Experimented. Needles, shimmer, blood- the whole shebang. You see this scar?" She pointed to the black line that decorated the bridge of her nose and the apples of her cheeks. "They used me to see what a reaction to shimmer would be in the case of healing and tada, it worked." Delta twirled before leaning forwards. "They successfully created a monster who thrives on knock-off shimmer and rules half of the Lanes." Caitlyn sent her a confused look. "Knock-off shimmer? Do you work with Silco?" Delta scoffed, rolling her eyes. "That bastard? As if. I'm trying to dethrone him not take his place." 

The brunette backed away before looking at Vi. "If you really are Vi then I guess I won't throw you to the wolves." Vi laughed bitterly, tears welling in her eyes. "Thanks. Like I'd need help from you." Delta tsk'd before putting her lips to Vi's ear, her voice a whisper. "Quit being a stubborn bitch and let me help you. For once in your damn life." Vi sucked at her teeth before sighing, Delta grinning victoriously. Caitlyn looked at her before gesturing to the bleeding wound Vi currently sported. "If you're done flirting I'd suggest we get her wound fixed up." Delta's cheeks flushed lightly before she turned, waving at the two to follow. "Come on kids, follow the leader."

Caitlyn and Delta supported a stumbling Vi through the dark streets, Delta's skin flushing whenever Vi even glanced at her. It had been too long of a week and it had barely started; her girlfriend was murdered right in front of her eyes and now her first love comes back from the dead? Fucking insane. Vi let out a low groan from beside Delta, her hands shakily putting pressure on her wound before pulling away to blood staining all of her hand. Delta frowned at the sight. Loud yelling and the pounding of feet followed close behind them and Caitlyn shared a worried glance with Delta. "Silco's goons aren't far behind. We have to keep moving." Vi's breath came out in pants before her eyes flickered to the neon sigh in front of them, glaring at it. "What the hells that." Caitlyn's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "The sign?" Vi shook her head, limping closer to the edge of the road. "Never mind, just help me to the edge." 

The three looked down at the steep drop, wooden beams jutting out every few meters. Vi unwrapped her arms from Caitlyn and Delta's shoulders and Delta stuck out her arm quickly. "What the hell are you doing?" Vi winced before letting out a quiet scoff. "What the hell does it look like I'm doing?" "Getting yourself killed, thats what." Vi pushed past her arm, limping towards the edge. "Can you do this in your-" Caitlyn's question was cut off when Vi flung herself off the edge, slamming into the nearest wooden beam with a grunt and  a groan. She kept falling faster, hitting most of the beams on her way down before rolling down a hill of loose dirt and disappearing out of view. "Shit." Delta patted Caitlyn's back before cracking her fingers and neck. "You get used to the stubbornness. I'll meet you down there, princess."