ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

ƬΛ

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

A DAY HAD PASSED YET DELTA'S PAIN NEVER FALTERED. She had locked the door to her room and sat in a corner, filling her lungs with sickly purple smoke and refusing to move. It was the corner that Summer had asked her out in- the corner where Delta's second love had confessed and started their way towards love. Delta sputtered, coughing up smoke before shaking her head and taking another inhale. She held it in her lungs before breathing out, hands shaking as she threw the gas mask across the room in a fit of anger. Love? Fucking bullshit. Everything she loved was destroyed and yet she kept falling for the idea of love, no matter the pain she always felt herself filled with falsified hope. Yesterday was the last straw.

Delta felt the tears welling up in her eyes again and furiously wiped at them with her hands, fingernails biting into the skin of her cheeks as she bit back a scream. Everything was falling apart...Delta was falling apart. She shakily rose and approached her work, the thought of filling her brain with busywork much more appealing than sitting there and moping. Summer was dead and as much as Delta wished it wasn't true, she had to accept it. Her hands fiddled with her mixing pot before she remembered she was out of shimmer and therefore couldn't do anything even if she wanted to. Delta let out a groan, running her hands down her face in frustration. The last thing she wanted to do was go out into town but it seemed that was her only choice at the moment.

Her hands worked to put on her clothes- a simple outfit consisting of a tight gold bodysuit tucked into a pair of black trousers that cinched at the ankles. She laced up her shin-high boots before throwing her signature red and gold coat over her shoulders, zipping it halfway. Delta's fingers fumbled with the amount of jewelry she had to put on to go in public- the Lanes had a thing for respect and with the amount of gold Delta would be decked out in, there was no way anybody would confront her. It was a win-win; she wouldn't have to talk to anyone and they wouldn't have to get their teeth punched in. Her fingers were adorned in gold rings (some of which were decorated in spikes for fighting), her neck holding the necklace that Summer had given to her yesterday, and her ears were sparkling with stolen jewels and stones. She hummed a tune as she secured her tool belt around her waist before nodding in content, pulling on her leather gloves before taking a look at herself in the mirror. 

Her eyes were rimmed red from crying but was soon covered in thick black kohl liner, chapped lips painted in bright red. Bronze eyes stared back at herself from the reflection and the image flashed- bronze turned to deep brown and her dark hair faded to the familiar rose-colored hair that she loved so much. Delta gulped and the figure sent her a deranged smile as crimson leaked from its eyes and blood splattered its chest. "No, Gods please, no." The figure tilted its head as its smile widened, teeth stained pink with blood. Delta closed her eyes, fists pounding against her head as her vision flickered. "Stop it..." The world spun and Delta spun with it. Everything was red, everything reminded Delta of her. "Please, stop..." And then Summer was standing in the mirror looking perfectly fine, a smile on her lips and eyes twinkling. Delta stumbled towards the mirror, hands reaching out before pressing against the reflective surface. "Summer? Is that you?" Summer's figure only smiled before fading away leaving Delta to pound against the mirror in fury. Her fists beat against the mirror before it shattered, leaving her knuckles bleeding and glass covering the floor.