ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

ƬΛ

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

DELTA'S FACE BURNED, THE LONG CUT HAD STOPPED OOZING BUT NOW WAS PULSATING. Sharp, dark veins snaked their way from the area and tainted Delta's pale skin, like spilt ink on a fresh canvas. They infested the pale white and painted it their own shade of foreboding. Now Delta never was a superstitious person but too many things were going wrong all at the same time and her gut told her it wouldn't be the end-- the end would never be as graceful as reality continued forth.

The abandoned arcade in the Lanes was as good a hiding spot as any as most people didn't know it even existed, including the Enforcers. Delta sulked in the corner with her face shielded by a hood, eyeing Vi's form as the girl used the punching machine that resided in the arcade. Her muscles flexed with every hit and the blue and pink neon lights highlighted the definition peeking through her arms. Delta would be the first to admit that she found Violet attractive-- whether it was her brash attitude or her need to help others, every moment Delta spent looking at the girl her heartbeat raced a million miles a minute. She was infatuated but a feeling like that was dangerous in the Lanes, a feeling like that could get you killed in the Lanes.

Mylo sat at the shooting range, his finger picking at his nose before eyeing the golden toy gun in his hand. "Remind me why we bother with this dump." Vi flexed her shoulders, taking a glance back before subtly rolling her eyes. "Vander said to lay low. Enforcers never come down here, so this is as good a place as any." She wiped the sweat off her brow and Delta's face flushed at the flex of her muscles. God this girl.

"Oh. what's the matter, Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?" Claggor spoke up mockingly, sending Mylo a sideways smile. Mylo only scoffed. "Hey, if she didn't keep fixing these things I wouldn't keep missing!" Powder popped up from behind the game counter scaring Mylo, emitting a laugh from Delta to which Powder smiled at.

Powder took the two large wires laying on the ground and twisted them, successfully plugging them in. The shooting game behind her powered up in a craze of blue and red neons, the figures used for targets lighting up menacingly. Powder hopped over the counter before sending Mylo a smirk, nodding towards the game as an indicator for him to go. He only curled his lip before taking aim. The shots from his gun hit only a few targets, the rest bouncing off the ceilings and walls. Delta sent Powder a discrete high five and the duo turned their attention to Vi.

"You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle, right?" Her voice was monotone and her eyebrows drooped in worry. Mylo laughed. "Are you kidding? That was the best job we've ever done." He paused to miss a couple shots before continuing. "Maybe just don't take powder next time." Powder scowled before turning to the targets, gun raised. Every shot she fired hit a deadly region, the boards spinning erratically as she kept shooting. Delta raised her eyebrow, impressed but weary. A kid that young shouldn't be that good with a gun. But she was. It was albeit worrying but Delta shook it down to her just being paranoid.

She turned to Vi, walking towards the girl before leaning on the railing of the punching machine. Their eyes met and Delta let a soft smile grace her face. "Stop worrying so much, doll face. Everything will be okay so just unwind and relax a little." One of the gloves from the machine knocked into Violet's gut, sending the stunned girl sprawling at the feet of Delta. Vi's face was red with embarrassment from both being humiliated in front of her crush and the nickname. She squinted at Delta before stuttering. "D-doll face? What kind of nickname is that?" Delta laughed before reaching out to help the poor girl up, hand grasping at her forearm and tugging. "The kind of nickname that suits you." Vi only opened and closed her mouth like a fish before shaking her head, a small chuckle sounding before she moved on.