sᴇᴠᴇɴ

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

ƬΛ

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

° ACT II °

THE MAGENTA SUBSTANCE BUBBLED ABOVE THE OPEN FLAME, CASTING THE ROOM AROUND IT IN A NEON GLOW

THE MAGENTA SUBSTANCE BUBBLED ABOVE THE OPEN FLAME, CASTING THE ROOM AROUND IT IN A NEON GLOW. The scene reflected in the glass of Delta's goggles as she cautiously poured a silver liquid from a test tube into the glowing mixture, watching as a plume of smoke puffed from the top. She scrambled backwards and shielded her face with her arms, peeking from behind awaiting the mixtures response. A loud pop sounded and with that the brew settled. "Yes!" Delta pumped her fist into the air before rushing over to stir the solution and watch as the bubbling ceased. Now instead of magenta it was a dark purple, the uncanny sheen gone and left with only a plain looking liquid.

Delta rushed to her cabinet, fumbling with the drawer before scooping an armful of glass bottles and slamming the cabinet shut. Her hands worked at the corks before ladling the purple mixture into the containers and sealing them shut with wax. A knock at the door made Delta almost trip before catching herself, yelling towards the visitor on the other side. "Doors open!" A familiar head of white hair entered her room and only watched her humorously, tapping his foot impatiently as he caught a falling bottle from Delta's arms. She sent him a thankful smile before gesturing towards the bag of filled bottles, her hands messing with the straps as she tied it tightly. Delta stood up and dusted her hands off on her pants, wiping away any chemical residue before she nodded in content.

"I'm guessing you finally did it?" Delta laughed incredulously, grabbing onto Ekko's hands and spinning him in circles. "I did it, Ekko. I finally did it!" She stopped them before hugging him tightly. He only rolled his eyes before ruffling her hair playfully, squeezing her tightly. "You finally did it, Dee Dee. How much did you end up making?" Delta pulled away before crossing her arms, pacing in a circle. "Only enough for a few doses. I'm going to need more shimmer, for sure. It's just a matter of figuring out where the hell I'm gonna get it." Ekko smirked before slinging an arm over the girls shoulders. "Come with the Firelights today, we're raiding an illegal shimmer shipment and we could use the help." He shrugged lightly. "And who knows, maybe a barrel will 'accidentally' go missing." Delta grinned. "Count me in. You're the best!" Ekko only smiled cockily before winking. "I know."

His eyes flickered to the circular canisters that littered her desk and he picked one up, throwing is haphazardly into the air. Delta chocked before grabbing it from midair, hiding it behind her. "Careful with those, dimwit." Ekko rolled his eyes before glancing at her curiously. "Are those what I think they are?" She sighed before placing the canister back with the others. "If you're thinking that they're the growing crystal bombs you wanted me to make then yes, these are what you think they are." Ekko grinned. "You, my friend, are a genius. Wait until the others get a look at these, they're going to change everything." Delta sighed. "I hope so. The Firelights need every advantage we can get." She paused. "We're in safe hands, luckily. You and Summer built the Firelights together and now look at us, burning shimmer right under Silco's nose." "Cheers to that, Dee Dee."