Chapter 15 | Meeting and Greeting

Start from the beginning

Soon the access ramp open, and Raven immediately spot Agent Coulson with Captain Rogers stepping out, Natasha arriving in front of them. Raven let out a long breath and walk to them, nodding her head, when Coulson pass her heading for the bridge, which he return politely. She stop right in front of the super soldier, waiting as he look at her, then extend his arm which she shake with as firm hand. "Steve Rogers" he says making her smile. "I know. I'm Raven." She answer back. "Oh, I thought..." He start but Raven cut him off "Yeah I know, but I won't ever use that name again so, just call me Raven." 

After their little meeting, the three of them start to walk, Rogers in between the two women, Natasha deciding to brake the ice. "It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon." She says making Raven chuckle quietly at the thought. "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet ?" Romanoff pursue while Rogers look at her with a questioning face. "Trading cards ?" He ask, while Raven really want to ask if those things actually still exist. "They're vintage, he's very proud." Natasha finish her explanation looking ahead at Doctor Banner, who seems to have finish his examination of the airplane, and just look around to make sure he's not in the way.

"Doctor Banner !" Captain Rogers call making the scientist turn around, leaving the women by themselves. "Trading cards... those things still exist ?" Raven ask Natasha who look at her with a smirk. "And here I thought Captain Rogers was the old man." Raven just roll her eyes at the answer and look at the men talking, while Romanoff get a call on her earpiece. 

"Gentlemen, you might want to step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breath." She says confusing them. 

Deep rumbling and sounds coming from the bottom of the ship pique the interest of the two men walking to the edge to see what's going on "Is this a submarine?" Captain Rogers ask puzzled making Banner scoff "Really ? They want me in a submerged, pressurized, metal container ?" Raven already knew what the carrier was. An entire night spent in the control room looking around, she put two and two together when she looked at screens with the repulsor engines on it.

Natasha look at the two men smugly, and proud, waiting for their reaction. She turn to look at Raven who's just looking around at the crew securing the planes and jets. "You don't seem impressed" She says with a smirk making Raven scoff. "Yeah well, I'm not that impressed anymore, it's progress. Tomorrow this will be an antic, and soon something new will come out." She shrug. 

Soon the Helicarrier is in the air, making the two men and women step inside, following the agent to the bridge. When Raven get in the room she goes back to her seat, and the tablet she left earlier, a different idea in mind. She look up to see if someone is peaking behind her shoulder, but all she see is Dr Banner getting in a corner trying to make himself unnoticed and small, while Rogers look around impress. She turn her head back to her tablet, but keep an ear out for anything. 

"Gentlemen !" Fury's voice interrupt her typing. She look up, seeing Rogers hand him a ten dollar bill. The director then make his way to the scientist. "Doctor, thank you for coming." He says reaching out to him. Banner seems reluctant at first but he shake his hand anyway. "Thanks for asking nicely." he answer with what sound like sarcasm in his voice.

"Oh so I'm not the only one." Raven says loudly to make sure Fury hear, making him roll his eye, while she's still looking at her screen. 

"So, how long am I staying ?" Banner ask "Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the wind." Fury reassure the scientist. 

"What ? that's not fair" Raven mumble turning back to her tablet while Dr. Banner ask how far they're close on the case. But her attention quickly goes back to Coulson when she hears his next words, not missing the Captain's face when he hears them too.