The snake demon silently looked at Yan Hui. Long moments passed before Tian Yao spoke up: "He can be considered a former acquaintance. For now, let's hear this so-called words."

The hall was silent, and then the snake demon spoke: "After you two left Tong Lou Mountain, I cleansed my essence in Central Plains. I entered the xian pathway, infiltrated Chen Xing Mountain, and became a disciple. After I advanced, I entered the 28th Peak's group and became an inner disciple."

They were simple words, but it wasn't hard to imagine the long, difficult challenges he faced in that time. Perhaps it wasn't even easier than the journey Yan Hui had.

"I investigated the cause of Zhenren Qi Yun's death." The demons in the hall started to grow restless at his words. That was because aside from Tian Yao and Yan Hui, no one else was certain if Zhenren Qi Yun was indeed dead. The snake demon didn't pay any attention to the other people. He just continued to look right at Yan Hui: "Qi Yun indeed died by Ling Xiao's hands. However, the main culprit isn't Ling Xiao." A cold light appeared in the demon's eyes. "It is Qing Guang."

"Several months ago, Su Ying gave a nine-tailed fox demon's neidan to Qing Guang."

The demons in the hall were in an uproar. The crown prince's gaze grew heavy. There was no need to say it out loud for everyone in the room to know whose neidan it was ----- Princess Yun Xi.

Su Ying really..........didn't waste a single bit of the demons that fell in her hands.......

"After Qing Guang received the neidan, Chen Xing Mountain called a xian sect conference. Every head of a sect arrived. However, the true purpose of the banquet was for Zhenren Qing Guang to determine the dissidents. He wanted to restart the xian-demon war at that time."

"Why?" Yan Hui didn't understand. "Why wasn't easy to keep the 50 years of peace. Why would he personally want to destroy it?"

The snake demon's expression was apathetic: "Think about Chen Xing Mountain's heart techniques and also how your shifus teach their disciples. If they wanted peace between demons and xian, would they call demons evil?"

Yan Hui's heart tightened. The past years of how Chen Xing Mountain's shifus taught their disciples and the disciples' attitudes towards demons all at once appeared in her mind. She thought about the snake demon's words if the disciples were deliberately taught like this. Couldn't this also be considered..........a signal of war preparations?

There more Yan Hui thought about it, the more her heart tightened in fear.

Actually.......Zhenren Qing Guang didn't want 50 years of peace. He wanted 50 years to rest, reorganize, and prepare for war.......

"Qi Yun was the head of one of the three big xian sects and completely didn't agree with Qing Guang's methods. However by then, Qing Guang had already secluded himself to cultivate using the nine-tailed fox demon's neidan. The situation was discussed between Ling Fei and Qi Yun. In the end, they argued. Su Ying wanted to get rid of Qi Yun on the stop to prevent any future troubles. Ultimately, Ling Xiao and Su Ying worked together to injure Qi Yun. Ling Xiao cast a curse spell on Qi Yun, so she would forget who she was and become a stupid person. Only that made Su Ying spare Qi Yun's life." The snake demon paused. "I never thought that it would be us in the end to make her remember the past and cause the curse to activate......."

The demons in the hall were a bit dizzy from the news, but Yan Hui was extremely clear on the meaning. Qing Guang was the mastermind behind the scenes. And when the situation started to go downhill, it was Su Ying who wanted to kill Qi Yun, but Ling Xiao chose to let Qi Yun go.

Yan Hui remained stunned for a long time: "This matter.......how do you know about it......"

"Just a few days ago, the Chen Xing Mountain shifu who accepted me into his inner sect died on the battlefield. He told me the story before his dying breath. At that time, he was drunk and went outside to take a break. He just so happened to come across what Ling Xiao and Su Ying did to Qi Yun. Su Ying aptly wanted to kill him too. It was also Ling Xiao who saved his life. He originally planned to never tell another person, but he always felt that he let down Qi Yun, let down his own morality."