five

---

Song: None Of My Friends - Liz lawrence

----

Aysal did not speak the next day, even as she felt her mate's wrath through his words and rigid body language. She could tell that he didn't know whether her speaking was a good thing, considering the things she had said to him in only a few sentences.

Thankfully, he had not put her back into the chains though the bruises, now an ugly purple, were a constant reminder to be wary of him.

He still did not allow her out of the room, locking it behind him when he left in the early hours of the morning, and left her without anything to do except stew in his room and explore.

As soon as he left the room, she jumped up, not hesitating in rummaging through his expansive side tables, trying to find a clue as to where she was.

A clue as to how to leave.

When nothing came from that, she hopped around the room, tampering with the art that hung on the walls, looking for anything forgotten hiding behind plant pots or under the bed.

Halfway through the search, the familiar sound of a key being jammed into the lock halted her, causing her to run back to the bed and sit, poised and collected as if she had not just been rummaging through the room.

Humming a small tune, Jacob, the same man that had tried to coax her into eating for the past few days entered with his trolley of delicacies not far behind him.

"The Alpha finally took you out of those chains, I see," he commented, glancing at the bruises lining her wrists.

He pulled out a small lap table, his wrinkled hands placing a steaming plate of eggs, bacon and french toast in front of her alongside an array of fruits and a water bottle full of water.

Aysal waited patiently for him to follow his routine but instead of leaving as he would usually do, he walked to the other side of the room and moved a luscious green chair around so it would face the bed instead of the fireplace.

Slightly startled, she only looked at him from across the steaming food.

"I don't know what you said to the Alpha but he's been on a rampage all day," He took a pause, looking down at his nail beds for a short moment before looking back up to her, "I don't know what fight you're trying to win but you won't be able to succeed by starving yourself, Luna."

Aysal held his eyes for a moment, refusing to show any reaction to the name he had called her.

She knew she was breaking pack protocol by holding his gaze; in many packs, she-wolves were not allowed to make eye contact with any male wolves until they permitted it.

Every fibre in her body told her that he was right, that she should eat to be strong enough to leave but she couldn't bring herself to pick up even a single strawberry.

She was far too stubborn.

With a deep sigh and one last lingering look, he stood up and slowly rolled the trolley away, leaving her alone with the food and her thoughts.

It was only after he exited the room did she pick up a strawberry, letting herself savour the flavour. As soon as she had eaten one bite of food, her body craved for more and in under a minute, all of the food had disappeared.

She lay in bed for a few more minutes, feeling the relief wash through her body by finally getting the nutrients it needed and she slowly drifted into sleep.

The opening of the door made her spring awake, sitting upright and breathing heavily, ready to attack.

The familiar Alpha that breezed into the room did not ease her tension.