Chapter 4: Freedom is Fleeting

Start from the beginning

"Ok." The doctor says and gently takes the muzzle off of Jungkook.

Jimin gasps in shock when the face he sees is that of a boy and not of a monster like he was always told while growing up. Realizing how prejudiced he is against carnivores, he understands why Taehyung never told him about the wolf.

As the doctor cares for Jungkook, Jimin calls Jin to tell him what is going on. Within a few minutes, a frantic Jin and Hoseok come running into the clinic.

"Tae!" Jin cries and pulls his little brother into his arms.

"Doctor, how is he? Do whatever you have to do to save him. We will pay you." Hoseok begs the doctor when he sees Jungkook's malnourished, broken body.

"I have stopped the external bleeding, but I need to stop the internal bleeding. I have a friend who is an excellent surgeon. I called him, and he will be here very quickly. Don't worry about the fee. I always treat carnivores for free." The doctor explains and tries to calm Hoseok down.

Soon, the surgeon comes in and Jungkook is wheeled to another room for the surgery.

"It's ok, Taehyung. I'm here." Jin says as he rocks his sobbing brother in his arms.

Jimin and Hoseok silently sit and wait for the doctors to come out and tell them how Jungkook is. After a couple of hours, the doctors come out.

"How is he?" Hoseok desperately asks them.

"He is stable. He's unconscious right now, but he should wake up soon. We moved him to another room. You can go back there and see him." The surgeon explains to Hoseok.

"Thank you so much." Hoseok says and goes to get Jin and Taehyung.

The moment Hoseok tells them they can see Jungkook, Taehyung runs to the room where Jungkook is.

"Jungkook, I'm here." Taehyung says as he holds Jungkook's hand.

"Taehyung." Jungkook whispers and his eyes flutter open.

When he sees Taehyung, he smiles as tears trickle down the side of his face.

"That is all Jungkook has said since the moment Taehyung caught him outside of the school." Jimin explains to Jin and Hoseok.

"Poor baby." Jin cries as he looks at the two boys.

"Would you like us to put the muzzle back on the wolf since he's awake?" The German shepherd hybrid asks Jimin.

"No. He won't hurt me. Plus, he needs to be able to breathe well so he can heal." Jimin says as he looks at the struggling wolf.

"Jungkook, I am so sorry that I couldn't get to you in time to hide you." Taehyung cries as he gently pets Jungkook's ears.

"Taehyung, don't cry." Jungkook quietly says as he weakly lifts his hand and wipes Taehyung's tears away.

"I've missed you." Taehyung says as he tries to stop crying.

"I missed you too." Jungkook weakly whispers.

"Get some rest, ok." Taehyung gently tells Jungkook as he softly touches Jungkook's cheek.

"Who are they?" Jungkook asks when he realizes there are others in the room.

"After you rest, I will introduce you to them." Taehyung says as he gently pets Jungkook's head.

"M'kay." Jungkook sleepily mumbles as his eyes fluttered closed.

Once Jungkook is asleep, Taehyung begins to cry in relief as he holds Jungkook's hand. As he cries, Jin walks over and hugs Taehyung.