Love Over Money

Chapter Question:
What is your favorite book genre?
********************************
Also, I think that I'm going to start posting every other week for this book soon - but we'll see!

And please comment, vote, and follow! I love getting to know you guys and having fun with you all!

And remember to follow my Instagram: writers.plot.shop so I can start doing those fun games I've discussed!

I love you all!!! And enjoy this next chapter!!! The song above is the song talked about in this chapter - I totally recommend listening to it as it is one of my favorite love songs!!!
********************************

*Thomas' P.O.V.*

After y/n tried on both dresses, I helped her get out of the second one before putting it back on the hangar and placing it on my arm. I also grabbed the first dress and put it on my arm as well.

Y/n looked incredible in both and she told me she liked both of them as well.

She also said if that happened we'd choose the cheapest dress. Not a chance! I had a lot of making up to do and spending my money on someone who deserved the best was the least I could do.

And maybe I wanted to tease her a bit by spoiling her senseless against her wishes.

"Ok, let's go get you some food Mr. Toaster," y/n says, rolling her eyes.

I laugh, grabbing the back of her wheelchair. "I'm sure you're hungry too, love! But why a bloody toaster of all things?" I ask as I push her out of the dressing room and to the checkout lines.

"Because that was the first thing you said in that strange conversation!" Y/n replies, causing me to laugh again.

"Well does that mean that I just keep you warm?" I ask, leaning closer to her ear.

"A blanket keeps me warm. A toaster burns food." Y/n replies with a smirk.

"And yet you're the one burning me," I reply, causing her to laugh.

Oh that laugh! It was so addicting!

Everything about this girl was addicting! Her laugh, her voice, her eyes, her smile, her hugs, her kisses, her everything - just her. She was just the best drug I've ever had and I didn't want to stop.

We reach the front of the line and I begin to carefully place the clothes on the belt.

"Wait, Tommy," Y/n says, grabbing my hand, sending tingles through my fingertips. "We need to take one dress back. You don't need to waste that much money on me! Goodness, I don't even want you buying me these!"

"All the more reason to spoil you!" I reply, kissing her cheek.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Y/n groans, making me laugh. "You shouldn't be wasting money on me anyways - it's just gonna take up space!"

"But you look beautiful in them and they're dresses you like." I reply calmly. "And since when has me spending money on you been a waste? For as long as I can remember, I've been lucky to spend money on you because you deserve the best!"

Better than I could ever give her.

I expect y/n to reply, but I see that she's holding back until I finish up paying as she didn't want to argue in front of the cashier.

I notice her bite her lip as I pay for the dresses. I would chuckle, but I feel bad that I'm making her uncomfortable. I'll have to ask why she hates me buying stuff for her.