"Yeah, I would totally agree, but my father will never agree to that." Leigh huffed, "Well, he will just have to." Christine spoke, "Fine. You have a deal, but if I'm not out of there after an hour, I might literally murder someone." Christine rolled her eyes and set down the dress bag, "See you in thirty minutes so we can leave." 

"Got it," Leigh spoke waiting to hear the door close before moving, the brunette hadn't always hated dresses, in fact, she had once loved them, but that time was long gone, replaced with a distaste of anything that reminded her of that time. 

Nat ❤️🕷️

L: Christine is making me wear a dress. A DRESS!

N: Poor bby :(

L: I can sense your sarcasm from here. Don't be mean Romanoff!

L: See you at six-thirty? :)

N: Yep, don't die between now and then pls. 

Leigh closed her phone, moving to unzip the dress bag, there were dresses in various styles and colors, "She wants me to wear a dress, fine." the brunette muttered pulling out the plain black dress, "But I am not, under any circumstances wearing heels." 

Leigh pulled the strapless dress on, and stood in front of the full-length mirror, it occurred to her then that she still had a stab wound, covered with a bandage that you could clearly see on her shoulder, of course being as stubborn as Leigh was, she hadn't gone to medical when they got back from Sokovia. In fact, she did her own stitches while listening to an audio recording of a recent lesson from one of her classes. The brunette dialed Natasha's number, "Hey Nat!" she greeted her voice filled with false enthusiasm, "Have ever told you that you are my favorite person ever?" she asked, "What did you do?" the redhead's voice came through the phone, "Theoretically, how would you cover up a freshly stitched-up wound when you have to wear a sleeveless dress?"

"Leigh, please tell me you don't have a freshly stitched-up wound when I know very well that you didn't go to medical when we got back." Natasha spoke, "Nope, wouldn't be me." Leigh responded, "Leigh I swear to God between you and Clint I'm going to be dead by forty." she muttered, "Love you too Nat." she replied sarcastically.

"Just wear a jacket or something,"  Natasha shrugged from the other end of the phone, "But I'm checking those stitches when I get there." the redhead added, "Naaaaaaaat," Leigh whinned, "I'm literally a medical student." Natasha chuckled at the brunette's whining, "Yeah, well I've been patching you up since you were like sixteen-" the ex assasin spoke, "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

----

The charity was interesting as ever, Leigh was ready to murder her father by the end of it. Leigh slammed the front door behind her, Stephen and Christine only halfway down the sidewalk, "Leigh," her father spoke, walking into the kitchen, Christine trailing behind him, "Why do you always do this?" she asked her voice breaking slightly, "You drag me out to these events, and play pretend like a child. Pretend like you've been any kind of father to me since I was eight, pretend like you don't secretly hate my guts for being the reason my mother left. It hurts you know, it's wonderful in the moment." she paused taking a breath, "But knowing that all it is, is pretend hurts, I can't keep doing this shit." Christine tried to defuse the situation but there was no going back from here. 

"No, don't touch me." she whispered pulling away from her father's hand, "I'm done, gone. I'll see you around...Dad." she whispered the last part, "Where are you going?" Christine asked, "I'm leaving." she answered already halfway down the hallway, Leigh wipped away the mascara the ran slightly down her face. 

The brunette packed a bag, and walked back through the kitchen where Stephen and Christine were speaking in hushed tones, "Oh save your worry, I have a place to stay." Leigh scoffed, "Leigh, you're over reac-" Leigh shook her head, "Don't even finish that sentence, this has been a long time coming, and you know it."

----

"You came." Leigh breathed a sigh of relief, "Of course I did kid," Clint spoke taking the duffle bag from the brunette, "If...if it isn't too much, I was wondering if I could stay with you and Laura for a while?" she sniffled, he smiled at her, "You're always welcome to stay with us, Laura adores you and so do the kids,"

Leigh smiled softly, "Thank you for coming, Clint." he nodded in response getting in the driver's seat, "Nat's not gonna be happy you didn't call her first." he chuckled, "I didn't want to bother her, I've already taken up enough of her night." the brunette shrugged, turning the knob that adjusted the volume of the music, "We're going back to the tower for now," he started, 

"We'll go home after Tony's Party on Saturday."