Chapter 31 ~HAPPY NEW YEAR!!~

Pony's POV
It was a cold chilly day in December, finally almost the New Year. 1966 was happening tonight, it was New Year's Eve. Lilly and I have been together since the 23rd, when we both made up with each other. This year I'm sticking to tradition, when it's New Year's Day I'm gonna kiss Lilly to show how much I really love her! We still need a plan to get Bob back, I tried writing in my notebook to get an idea but nothing was coming to mind.
  Lilly's POV
It was a new year..almost.. but still, I had the opportunity to have more chances to improve on myself and my skills. Mom and dad invited the Curtis' over and Cherry and my aunt and uncle were coming too. Even though right now felt easy, I still had big problems to deal with like I have to reject Johnny and find a way to get Bob back...But all this tension between Johnny and I and the whole Bob deal ISN'T GONNA STOP ME!!! I'm gonna push right through it and be a man. Not literally.
Cherry's POV
Today, I was going to Lilly's house for New Year's when I saw Bob..I was in my mom's car but I felt an instant panic grow... "We don't have a plan." I whispered out loud to myself. "What's wrong honey?" My mom had asked me. "Oh it's nothing." "Okay, anyways we're here." I looked out the window to see Lilly's house so decorated and beautiful, I've never noticed that before. I walked up the walkway and walked in "Lilly?!" I looked around for Lilly but then Paul scared me. "I'm not Lilly but I'm here." "You scared me!" "I thought Cherry Valance never got scared!" "Well I did." "So Paul how's work?" My parents started talking to Paul. "It's okay, I help roof houses with Darrel Curtis." "Darrel Curtis...his dad was 1 of my very close friends back in high school."
   Pony's POV
I was getting ready to go to Lilly's. I wore a nice shirt with some dark blue jeans and I also wore a denim jacket. Darry wore a plain black shirt with some jeans and his old football jacket . Sodapop wore his usual get-up, a flannel paired with jeans. I also had to gel my hair so it looked nice and neat. "You two about ready?" Darry asked us. "Yeah." "I'll go start the truck!!" Sodapop shouted and ran out the door as Darry chased him, Darry knew that Sodapop was gonna try to drive. Darry didn't like when Soda would drive, he also didn't like when Steve or Dally would drive. One time Steve taught me how to drive but no one knows about that, Steve told me that if I ever told someone, he'd skin me. I ran right out the door and nearly stopped in my tracks and my skin jumped. "Jeez Johnny, what are you doing here?" "My parents are fighting again...I got kicked out." A sad expression slid onto his face. "I'm sorry.....you can come with us." Johnny hesitated before asking where we were going. "Where you going." "To Lilly's." Johnny and I trotted to the truck and hopped in. "What took you so long?" Soda asked me. "My parents kicked me out......I have nowhere else to go." Johnny replied and put his head down in shame. "It's okay...your always welcome with us." Darry reassured him. We showed up to Lilly's house, Darry rang the doorbell.
Lilly's dad opened the door, "Hi come on in." He said with a joyful tone. We went inside and Sodapop went with Darry to go talk to Paul. Lilly came over hugged me. "Hey Pony." Wow her smile is like a ray of sunshine....so bright and golden. "Hey babe." We looked at each other for a second. "Do you want something to drink?" "Sure." She was gorgeous she wore a beautiful dress, a mint green color and she wore a white fluffy cover up. She came back with a glass of sparkling water. "Can you believe it's almost 1966?!" Cherry shouted. "I know.....time passes so fast." Johnny shyly responded.
Johnny's POV
I'm a little worried..... The other day when I confessed to Lilly she never said she liked me back. Tonight I will find out what she says.
Lilly's POV
Ponyboy and I were chatting when my aunt Kassie came up to me and asked me who I was talking to. "He's just a friend of mine." She looked at me could tell I was lying. "Are you sure he's just a friend I can tell it's more than a friendship you have with him." She said out loud really loud then smirked at me. "AUNT KASSIE!! SHHHHHH.....Okay you've caught me red handed...he's my boyfriend." "Oooooh how long have you been dating?" I knew she was gonna ask that. "We actually....just got back together a little while ago." I heard a knock on the front door...when I went and answered it.....I jumped... "DALLY?!" I whisper yelled. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" "We figured you'd let us join your party.." "Who's.....we?.." "Us." Two-Bit came up into the light from the darkness further infront of me. "TWO-BIT!?!?" "You rang? Two-Bit smirked at me. "Oh I'm here too." "STEVE?!?" They all stared at me...I hate to say it...but they all looked like raccoons staring at me. "Guys.....UGH FINE." "Yesssss." Steve started to celebrate. "WAIT! Rules. Number 1. No drinking at all. 2. Don't be rude to my family. 3. DON'T MAKE A MESS!!!! Oh and 1 more...DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME...OR ELSE...DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!!??!?!?" "Yes ma'am." "Yes." "Crystal..." They all fled in like they were gonna miss an elevator. They all came in and my family froze and stared. Ponyboy came charging up to me. "WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE!?!?!" I smiled. "Don't worry I gave 'em a list of rules." My mom made tons of foods and snacked which we all devoured in seconds. My dad talked to my uncle, which is my dad's brother. My mom talked to my aunt, which is her sister. Paul talked to Darry most of the time, Steve and Two-Bit joked and talked to each other. And Dally...well Dally leaned up against the wall until my aunt softened him up. I think today was the only day I have ever seen Dally laugh and smile.
Johnny's POV
I thought it was time to go ask Lilly about what she'd say. "Hey Lilly?" She turned around and looked at me. "Yeah, Johnnycakes?" "Can I talk to you?" "Uhh sure." She lead me into a giant living room. My heart got so loud I couldn't think. "When I confessed to you the other day.....would you want to go out with me?" "Oh Johnny....Ponyboy...and I..are..back..together." My heart sank. "Oh...." "I'm so sorry Johnny." She got up and left. I could tell that she could tell that I was hurt.
Pony's POV
It was almost New Year's..I was gonna kiss Lilly..the absolute love of my life. This was only really important because I'm really nervous to be doing this. There was a countdown over the radio. Lilly stood next to me, I had my hand around her waist. As soon as the countdown began all of us counted down together. "TEN. NINE. EIGHT. SEVEN. SIX. FIVE. FOUR. THREE. TWO. ONE..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!" As soon as I could I turned to Lilly and kissed her, she was surprised but she kissed me back. She pulled away, she was blushing and she smiled at me. Everyone..stared...at us...