Chapter 29 ~Make Up~

Lilly's POV
I thought of the advice Dally gave me, it's worth a try! But not right away exactly. I tried to replay what just happened with Johnny and Darry. I'm just too STRESSED!! I went home. "Hey Lil." "Hey dad." He could tell that I was stressed. "Lil, what's wrong?" He sat down at the snack bar and paid all his attention to me. "Oh, a lot of things." I sighed. "Like what?" "Well..Johnny just confessed to me that he loves me! AND Darry overheard all of Johnny's and my conversation!!" "Wow seems like a lot there kiddo." "Tell me about it!" I felt so cluttered. "So..JOHNNY LIKES YOU?!?!?" I could tell dad was getting into his protective dad mode. "I'm afraid so." "Why are you afraid?" "Because...I don't like Johnny like that...I had planned of making up with Ponyboy." "Oh." Dad was pretty surprised. "Yeah." "When are you getting back together with Ponyboy?" "Dad? Why are you so curious all the sudden?" Dad had to think for a second. "I'll answer your question when you answer mine." He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Okay...I planned to make up with him tomorrow."    He looked at me."Okay now you answer my question!" "Listen, your growing up so fast and I want to know more and more about you each and every day." There was a pause, dad finally broke the silence. "You and Ponyboy aren't serious or anything?" Oh no.. Dad thinks that Ponyboy and I do more than kiss!!!! "WHAT, NO!!!" He looked at me. "OF COURSE WE DON'T!!" "Mhm." "We kiss but thats it." "I've seen it." The next morning. TODAY WAS THE DAY!! I kept telling myself, I got dressed and did my make up and my hair of course. Dad watched me walk out the door. "Lilly where you going?" "To go fix something that needs to be restored." "Oh-okay, good luck!" I walked all the way to the Curtis house, I was gonna resolve Ponyboy and I. I knocked on the door, my heart was racing I was nervous. "Oh hey Lilly." Soda looked at me with his furrowed eyebrows. "Where's Ponyboy?"