Burning

It had been a rough week for Lillian, even though her master had left her alone. He made sure there was someone there to ensure she was getting everything done and more. Her list went from ten to twenty overnight. The men that looked over the enslaved men in the fields were now starting to flirt with her and try to take her to their beds. Lillian would always refuse and, in doing so, get hit or add more things to her to-do list. Today she woke up like she did every morning at five and started the long process of cleaning everything even though she had cleaned everything the day before and it was spotless. At night Lillian would be able to rest and not be bothered, but she was already forced to neal on the stone steps for a whole night because she didn't make the proper tea for one of the men.

Lillian wished she was brave enough to leave this place, but it was the only thing she knew. She didn't have a job outside of this anymore, and it had been twenty years since she fought a monster. Lillian knew Geralt and Jaskier were already gone to another town. Lillian wished she had left with them, but she wasn't good enough to leave this place.

After finishing everything she needed to, it was six in the afternoon. Lillian's overall body hurt, and one of the men chuckled as he knocked over the basket of fish she had in her hands.

"Be a more careful virgin girl; otherwise, we might just take that title from you," the man chuckled as she picked up the fish

"I'm sorry I wasn't paying any attention," Lillian apologized, even though it wasn't her fault.

"I want pie; make me a blackberry pie," he informed.

"We don't have blackberries," Lillian informed.

"Then go get some and don't come back until you do," he informed.

"Yes, Mr. Jaz, I will. Is there anything else you would like me to make for you?" Lillian asked.

"Hmmm, how about a bed? I want the spare bedroom on the second floor made for me," Mr. Jaz informed.

"Yes, sir, anything else?" Lillian asked.

"No, but I will be back in an hour; I forgot I needed to check on the wheat and cows," he muttered.

"I will get as much as possible done before you return," Lillian smiled.

"You better; otherwise, I will bed you tonight," Mr.Jaz growled.

Lillian sighed as she left, and she went off into the woods and started to gather blackberries in a basket with Ash by her side. Lillian was going to need a lot of blackberries for this stupid pie that he was going to smash in her face later. Lillian was out gathering berries for about fifteen minutes, getting almost the whole basket complete, when she heard a neigh from afar, then something heavy hitting the ground.

"Geralt!" Jaskier yelled he was running from a monster.

Lillian put her blackberries down and turned to see Roach was behind her. Jaskier was running away from a giant wolf; it must have gotten in a sneak attack on Geralt. Geralt must have tried to fight it and failed. Jaskier must have helped him on Roach somehow to get help.