Chapter 22- Calming Her Fears

Start from the beginning

"Y-Y-You don't have t-to be.. No one is h-h-here to h-hurt you. All y-you have t-t-to worry about is dealing w-w-with a p-partially paralyzed friend." I assure him. "You mean girlfriend." He corrects me with a smug look.

"I-I-I t-thought..." "We made it official, but we never officially agreed to break up, y'know. Had an argument, but it surely doesn't have to last forever. Besides, how could I do that do you? You wake up from your coma from 6 months, not aware of what's going on and still madly in love, just to find out that I moved on without even waiting to give you a chance. I didn't want that at all, even if I needed to wait a decade for you to recover."

He pauses, taking in a nervous breath, "Of course, there was always the chance that I could be wrong about this and it turns out that you really did want to break up. Still, I had to hear that from you first before I could move on.. So I waited." I'm honestly shock at how much respect and consideration for me went into his actions. I still can't imagine what he must've gone through, waiting every day for me to wake up, if I ever would. I hug onto him with a firmer grip, trying to understand his anxiety without saying another word.

'I never wanted to break up.'

Things went quiet for a while again, until I finally decided to speak up. "I'm s-sorry, f-f-for the t-things I said, a-a-and did.." I apologize, shaking more. "I'm sorry too. I want you to know that, even though it's been 6 months; my love for you has only grown stronger, Y/N.. I-I.. I don't want to lose you either.. So from now on, I will be driving." "Pff- who s-s-says I-I'll let y-y-you even step n-n-near a car a-again?" I joke darkly, tears filling my eyes.

"You couldn't of known that it would happen. Both of us were distracted... The important thing is that you're safe..... Aria informed us about your family dying in a crash.. I.. I can't even imagine the pain you must've gone through.." He soothes me, nuzzling his skull into my hair. "It h-hurts... but I-I-I still h-h-have y-y-y-you.." I cling tighter onto him, feeling the tiredness start to numb my mind.

"You k-k-know I-I love you, r-right?"
.
"Always..."
.
"So y-you'll n-n-never let me go?"
.
"Heh, over my dead body-"

"Pff, P-Papyrus.." I weakly slap his shoulder, my eyes already closing. Completely relaxed, I keep still as Honey snugly wraps both arms around me, "I love you too. Goodnight, Y/N."

(~Honey's POV + Long Time Skip~)

"Good job, buddy! Help her out~" I smile with fatherly pride. There's just something so moving about watching our blaster stay close by Y/N's side, letting her lean on him so that she can walk.

'He really is our guard dog...... Though, Y/N cheated with treats and now she's the favorite.'

Y/N's condition seemed to stabilize in the mere weeks after she woke up. So, as long as she gets proper care, attends to all her needed therapy or doctors appointments, and takes her medication; the doctors agreed that she could stay home with a caretaker instead of at the hospital. Blue goes to work during the week, visiting us every evening and staying all day on the weekends. In the meantime, N/N and I live together in her apartment, where I can spend most of my time caring for the precious Y/N.

I'm filming the whole scenario using my phone, making Y/N embarrassed. Her face turns red as she whines, "Pap, I-I'm not a-a two year old! Why the heck a-a-are you d-doing t-this to me?" "Lighten up, Beautiful~ I want to make sure we remember this, even the small moments. This is a really big step for you!" I crack up behind the camera, holding back my laughter.

I got Y/N to laugh though. She blushes more and she covers her face entirely, "I hate you.." "Aww, I love you too~" I reply, putting my phone away. My blaster lets out a low imitation of a chuckle too, amusing her. She rolls her eyes, "Honey, y-you're s-s-such a bad influence on h-him."