Chapter 4- Quick Chats

(~Your POV~)

"Hey Blue, did you relabel the cereal prices yet?" I ask him politely. He's been standing in the back of the store for a while, looking monotonous. On top of that, he's been sluggish and keeping to himself all morning. This behavior is odd, especially for him.

'Did he get any sleep?'

Sans doesn't react or respond, so I assume he didn't hear me. I place a hand on his shoulder, "Hey, Earth to Blueberry. Ya copy?" He flinches at my touch and his pupils flicker to a brighter glow. Blueberry turns his head, finally addressing me, "Oh- Hello."

I smirk, "Are you doing okay? I know you have stars in your eyes but I've never seen you so spaced out." Instantly, he groans and crosses his arms, "UGH- Y/N!!! ONLy OnE WeeK and YoU'RE ALrEaDY ACtiNg LikE mY BRotHer!" I laugh, he's right. Honey has taught me a few jokes here and there when I visited them both a few times. I do plan on apologizing, but I still have to get back on topic, "Sorry, but seriously, what's going on?"

Blue huffs and looks away from me, "My brother had a bad night. I had to sacrifice some rest to care for him, as any other person would do for a family member. That's all."

I understand that completely. Stretch has his good days where he can walk through rooms to get food or to his next relaxing place without much help. However, then there's the bad days, and I mean REALLY BAD. His health takes a serious turn for the worst.

Supposedly, it gets so chaotic with him being in serious pain, throwing up, and staying completely bedridden; that he'll sleep nonstop for the next few days just to recover. Sans wouldn't allow me to visit when he was like that. I don't blame him. He needs to spend all day focusing purely on Papyrus.

"I-Is he doing better now..?" It hasn't been that long, but I'm always telling the truth when I admit that I befriended both brothers... I worry especially for Honey, with whatever this illness is.. Once again, Blue won't elaborate or give details. It's almost like he's purposely trying to hide that his brother needs help. Why would he do that? No idea.

Blueberry stays silent for a moment, then answers, "He fell asleep before I left. He'll be much better once I get back home. I cook all the best nutritional recipes that he needs to get some strength back.."

He suddenly perks up, looking more alert as he reaches into his pocket, "That reminds me, here-" Sans pulls out a small piece of paper with several digits written on it.

'A phone number. Who-'

Blueberry interrupted my thoughts by explaining, "Papyrus, he.. He doesn't get out much anymore, so he hasn't made any friends here on the surface. I could see how much he enjoyed you visiting us. As perfect as the very cool and magnificent Sans is for company, Papy deserves to have someone else too. That's his cell number. I can't guarantee that he'll answer most times with his... condition... But, I'd appreciate it if you'd like to send him an occasional text."

"Blue... You two are just... the best brothers to each oThEr! MY GOD, IT'S SO ADORABLE!" I smile and give him a tight hug, "ThANk You! I deFiNiTeLy WiLL!" Sans' face and cheeks turn bright blue as he squirms. He tries to hide his embarrassment by getting defensive with me.

"B-But I have one rule! He's under curfew, so don't keep him up past nine!!! Understand?!"
.
"Pff- OkAy DAd, I won't!"
.
"Y/N!!!"

(~Time Skip That Evening~)

It's been a long day. After coming home from work, I sat around and ate dinner while watching a couple movies. They were cool, but I somehow still felt bored.