Chapter 5- Don't Give Up

Writer~San: Didn't get any sleep. None. 6:51 AM when I started to write this, just so I can cure my heartache and boredom. Maybe I'll end up taking a nap before publishing this. . . . ;w; Enjoy~

Edit: Next day, and I did take the whole day off. Then, wrote a chapter in my Q/A story instead. Doing a lot better! TwT
.
.
(~Your POV + Time Skip Few Days~)

I wake up to my phone lit up and sounding out a lot of ringing. Taking a deep breath in, I turn over to see who it's from. Not a spam call, it's Sans. Tired, I sit up and stretch out my arms.

'Time to get up..'

I made sure not to take more than a few seconds, so I could hurriedly answer the phone. I rub my eyes and greet him, "Good morning, Blue."

[Good morning, human!!! How are you doing?]

I slip myself out of bed, casually heading to the kitchen, "I'm okay, Miss Aria gave me the day off today. What about you?"

[I have the day off as well, but it's because we have prearranged plans. I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking.]

"And Honey?" I have to ask every time, it's polite and considerate. Well... I can't get him off my mind either.

[He's doing a little better. His doctor's visit is in the next hour so we'll be occupied for the rest of the day. I apologize for keeping you from visiting...]

I could hear the change in his tone of voice, like he was disappointing me. I assure him that I'm not upset with him, "No, it's okay. I understand. I would like to help but you're his caretaker. Decisions for his health is your right to make."

'If I was there, I'd probably get in the way...'

I'd be distracting both of them from getting any rest. Besides, Blueberry never clarified if what Stretch has is contagious, so I'm assuming that's another reason why he doesn't let me come at some points. Still, something feels off. This isn't just a simple fever or cold.

'If it was contagious, why hasn't Blue caught it? He still leaves the house to work too.'

I pause, realizing what I was even thinking. I mentally slap myself, silently scolding that I should mind my own business.

[Thank you for understanding, Y/N.]

"It's no problem. The sooner he gets better, we'll plan something." I say, trying to cheer him up.

[That plan sounds amazing. Well, I just thought I should update you on that so you wouldn't worry. The doctor doesn't allow cellphones to be used past a certain point. So, if you happened to text me or my brother, we wouldn't answer. Now you are prepared!]

I giggle, looking through my cabinets for possible breakfast, "I sure am. Thanks for the heads up. Go ahead and say good morning to your bro for me. I hope he gets better soon."

When the next reply came from the phone, I was shocked when it wasn't Blue's voice that answered. Instead, Papyrus's voice came from what seemed to be the background.

[Aw, thanks. Heheh. I hope you have a good day too. My bro had ya on speakerphone.]

My cheeks turn hot as the sun as I slap one hand over my mouth.

'DID PAPYRUS SERIOUSLY HEAR EVERYTHING?!!?'

As I stayed silent, the two seemed to engage in conversation.